New 90hp what to buy ?

BUSTER 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am about to buy a new 90hp engine what should I buy I am replacing a 90 Honda it will go on 2001 Seafarer ve-sea,I like the Etec becaues of the weight and power, But I keep hearing that they have problems,what do you blokes think I would value the opinion of fellow Raiders

Cheers Garry

Every engine has its problems and lemons, weigh up cost and engine specs and make a decision.

Everyone has their opinions on motors and posts like this have in the past turned to poop because of lack of knowledge and personal opinions.

Good luck finding your right motor mate.

Most of my fishing buddies run Etecs, i also have a 115 and it has been a great engine.

These engines run a very fine tolerances and most problems you hear are due to injector failure, and 9 times out of 10 this is due to bad fuel, water and running inproper fuel hoses and filters.

The best advice i can give you is run the right kind of fuel hoses, proper water/fuel seperators and good cranking battery.

Also if you wish for added security like i have is program it for the higher oil usage like i have,, uses bugger all anyway but it helps me sleep better :)

Hi, as mentioned this is a topic that can go for days and everyone has an opinion and the facts are all clean 90HPs are good today as long as your local dealer knows what they are doing, so my best advise is buy the engine that you like from a dealer that is switched on and trust me ALOT are not. That said, I think anyone who has spent some time on here knows what we like and trust me, I could sell any brand I liked and we do service them all. The brand we recommend and use myself just ticks all the boxes, costs the lowest to own / operate and on older hulls does not weigh too much to upset the balance. All this plus the best warranty in the industry, SST prop and at present great cash back incentives while the dollar is strong.

PM or call me if you would like to hear what we have learnt being in this industry over 45 years and what we see every day.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, as mentioned this is a topic that can go for days and everyone has an opinion and the facts are all clean 90HPs are good today as long as your local dealer knows what they are doing, so my best advise is buy the engine that you like from a dealer that is switched on and trust me ALOT are not. That said, I think anyone who has spent some time on here knows what we like and trust me, I could sell any brand I liked and we do service them all. The brand we recommend and use myself just ticks all the boxes, costs the lowest to own / operate and on older hulls does not weigh too much to upset the balance. All this plus the best warranty in the industry, SST prop and at present great cash back incentives while the dollar is strong.

PM or call me if you would like to hear what we have learnt being in this industry over 45 years and what we see every day.

Cheers,

Huey.

What he said!!!

I'd love an new e-tec, yammie or a suzi 4stroke, but my lay out budget didn't allow for it. So a second hand two stroke 90 had to do. Im Still happy, but shop around. You can spot the "salesman" from the real dealers a mile away. (just like above quote)

Agree, I would talk to someone who knows there stuff like Huey, setting up the motor/prop selection is vital. I purchased my boat from one of Sydney's biggest boat dealer and the motor was set up to low. I took it to Huey and has been sweet ever since.

all motors have there good and bads im biased to mercury but all late motors are all pretty damm good in my opinion and you have to take into account what you want to do with the motor as if you like trawling at low speeds alot or like that sudden burst of power out of the hole ,lots to weigh up and as if your motor height is right and your propped right you will get the most out of your new purchase ,let us know what you decide on