Soft Plastics for Flathead

3amigos

Hi All,

Just wondering what are or would be the best plastics for flatties from your experience? I am trying to get into them and it can be so confusing, went out yesterday but no luck.

Am trying to leave the bait at home and really have a good go with plastics so any help would be great

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug

I am no expert, but I have had a LOT of luck with 120mm bloodworm wrigglers on 3/8oz 3/0 jig head.

So much so that these are all I use for flatties now.

The weight is on he heavy side but it will gauarantee you remain on the bottom.

Also if you are worried that the 120mm is too big, i have caught flatties on them smaller than the plastic itself.

Good luck!

cheers

Paul

Hi Doug

I am no expert, but I have had a LOT of luck with 120mm bloodworm wrigglers on 3/8oz 3/0 jig head.

So much so that these are all I use for flatties now.

The weight is on he heavy side but it will gauarantee you remain on the bottom.

Also if you are worried that the 120mm is too big, i have caught flatties on them smaller than the plastic itself.

Good luck!

cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul will try them next time

Cheers,

Doug

Hi All,

Just wondering what are or would be the best plastics for flatties from your experience? I am trying to get into them and it can be so confusing, went out yesterday but no luck.

Am trying to leave the bait at home and really have a good go with plastics so any help would be great

Cheers

Doug

Ive had success on the 3inch watermelon grub good success with a 6gram jighead

Thanks guys, like I said there are so many out there but I'll start with some of the ones that are mentioned and will get back to you all.

Love this forum, everyone likes to help, thanks again guys.

Cheers,

Doug

You'll always get a heap of advice on this one. Use a few different search terms on the site and you'll be going through the info for days. For me 5"Gulp JerkShads in nuclear Chicken or Lime Tiger; 4" Gulp Minnows; 3" Shrimps always a size 1/0 jighead. Also have had some success with Squidgies. But I'm still learning, I get more fish dragging Poddies around. Am trying to learn SPs so I spend more time on the water trying to catch fish and less time catching bait! So I'll be keeping a keen eye on the post to see if anything new comes up.

for starters have a looking in the Saltwater Lure section, there's a post stuck at the top and starts off talking about Winter Flathead.

Enjoy...

Garry