Sydney MArlin

Dangas

Well what a day it turned out to be. Got up at 4.40am. It was pissing down rain, boat was filled with water, and i was still hungover from the night before. I came very close to pulling the pin and crawling back into bed. But by then it was too late as i had some keen fisho's already on their way to my place.

Had an early start and headed straight to Bot Fad. Within 500m of reaching the first FAD the rods go off and it was a triple hookup of stripe tuna.

After that did a few passes of the fad for nothing. There were about 5 other boats there all catching nothing too.

Headed out to the wide FAD and again, did a few passes for 0. After that we Decided to put on the marlin lures and start heading along the 80 fathom line hoping to be a little more successful.

Not long after putting the spread out we were onto a stripey. It hit the long corner Lumo skirt and started doing spectacular jumps behind the boat. Now thanks to an awesome crew (especially fellow raider "Little Hooker" who's boat driving skills made the fight so much easier) after 20mins we had it in the boat. Took a few quick photos and released her. Water temp was about 24.5 deg.

Later on went to find some birds working the surface in 60 fathoms over a small patch of jellybean yellowfins busting up on the surface, ended up hooking up on one before they dissapeared, also caught a few more stripeys and bonito on the way back in.

Ended up being a good day, and the sun came out too. Im so glad i pulled myself out of bed this morning.

post-11346-079551900 1328354717_thumb.jpg post-11346-036457400 1328354355_thumb.jpg

great report mate

I was out yesterday.... trolled the fads and 12 miler, peak & plonkhole, then all the way down to sydney fad.... saw a stripey jump near the shotgun... no takers though ....good on you....

out next weekend to try my luck hopefully ( weather permitting ).

Guest hawkesbass

Nice catch was fishing off terrigal on sat and saw a small black marlin free jumping 100 meters from the boat didnt hit the livebait estimated to be around 60-75kgs only 4klms offshore there was also plenty of talk over the radio from up at nelson bay off some good fish tagged and released

Well what a day it turned out to be. Got up at 4.40am. It was pissing down rain, boat was filled with water, and i was still hungover from the night before. I came very close to pulling the pin and crawling back into bed. But by then it was too late as i had some keen fisho's already on their way to my place.

Had an early start and headed straight to Bot Fad. Within 500m of reaching the first FAD the rods go off and it was a triple hookup of stripe tuna.

After that did a few passes of the fad for nothing. There were about 5 other boats there all catching nothing too.

Headed out to the wide FAD and again, did a few passes for 0. After that we Decided to put on the marlin lures and start heading along the 80 fathom line hoping to be a little more successful.

Not long after putting the spread out we were onto a stripey. It hit the long corner Lumo skirt and started doing spectacular jumps behind the boat. Now thanks to an awesome crew (especially fellow raider "Little Hooker" who's boat driving skills made the fight so much easier) after 20mins we had it in the boat. Took a few quick photos and released her. Water temp was about 24.5 deg.

Later on went to find some birds working the surface in 60 fathoms over a small patch of jellybean yellowfins busting up on the surface, ended up hooking up on one before they dissapeared, also caught a few more stripeys and bonito on the way back in.

Ended up being a good day, and the sun came out too. Im so glad i pulled myself out of bed this morning.

post-11346-079551900 1328354717_thumb.jpg post-11346-036457400 1328354355_thumb.jpg

Well done boys, seems like a big effort was made by all. Great report would love to be in your shoes now:biggrin2: , i reckon I'd have that smile on my face for years!!

:thumbup: Good work guys.. Did you use any harnest? How big is your boat? Did the fish tow it backwards?

Believe it or not it was caught on a TLD 50 with a cheap ****** gimbal belt,no harness! That will be next on the shopping list thats for sure. Took 3 guys to bring her close to the boat with the 3rd guy who had the honnor at the boat had cramps on his forearm for 30mins lol.

Boat was 6mtrs. Getting towed backwards? Its not that big of a marlin haha. I was reversing backwards and forwards to gain line.

:thumbup: Good work guys.. Did you use any harnest? How big is your boat? Did the fish tow it backwards?

Formosan, We were lucky it hit the 24kg outfit, and not the some of the smaller jig sticks we had out. The fish was caught with no harness. I have a 6m fibreglass half cabin. The boat was always in gear when fighting the fish, theres no chance of the fish towing the boat.

Well done boys, seems like a big effort was made by all. Great report would love to be in your shoes now:biggrin2: , i reckon I'd have that smile on my face for years!!

Hi Jimmy, we definitely could not have landed it without everyone being switched on and doing their part. We were lucky that everything just seemd to fall in to place that day and everyone was on like clockwork. Im still pumped thinking about it.

Long & skinny.

65kgs is my guess.

Well done boys. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Grant, thats what me and "Little Hooker" thought as well. In fact showed a few ppl the pictures and most reckon it was anywhere between 60-70

Edited by Dangas