Big Kingfish

benj

Hi Fellow Fishraiders,

Kingfish in Sydney Harbour have been a bit scarce lately so my son, 10 year old Alex, was very excited when he hooked onto this 90 centimetre fish! He had been trying to catch Salmon and Bonita at the time using live Yellowtail so to find this on his line was quite a suprise. He kept saying, "Dad, Dad this one is really big!" Of course, I just said, "just hang on you can do it" not realising just how big it was! It took him over 20 minutes as he was using a 5kg rod with 30 lb braid and a 30lb leader. It was a big high five when we finally got it in the net! Just goes to show that you can catch Kingies on Yellowtail and you don't have to have an 80lb leader!

post-6119-026651300 1328481749_thumb.jpg

Hi Fellow Fishraiders,

Kingfish in Sydney Harbour have been a bit scarce lately so my son, 10 year old Alex, was very excited when he hooked onto this 90 centimetre fish! He had been trying to catch Salmon and Bonita at the time using live Yellowtail so to find this on his line was quite a suprise. He kept saying, "Dad, Dad this one is really big!" Of course, I just said, "just hang on you can do it" not realising just how big it was! It took him over 20 minutes as he was using a 5kg rod with 30 lb braid and a 30lb leader. It was a big high five when we finally got it in the net! Just goes to show that you can catch Kingies on Yellowtail and you don't have to have an 80lb leader!

Awsome catch mate showing all of us oldies up

Great catch!! Awsome to see the young lads catching big fish! pro in the making!! im sure we'll see more of his posts in the future!

True u dont need 80lb leader for kings but all depends on terrain ur fishing... we lost kings on sunday with locked up 18000 saragosa on 80lb because of the reef in the area we fish. so no matter what braid u use if they rub u on a reef ur gonskis

Hi Fellow Fishraiders,

congrats to the young fella and his Dad

Id be putting that in for catch of the month?