Rotten Mongrel Bas@#rds

Outnumbered

just got back from captain cook bridge where there is a bloke keeping undersized bream, the largest would have ben lucky to go 10cm and he is targeting them :1badmood::ranting2: i uped him about it and he just shrugged and turned back to his fishing ignoring me.

so a quick call to fisheries and they assure me they will have someone there soon.

i'm heading back out now to pick up my daughter then i might go back down to see if anything happens.

man i gotta tell you this sort of thing pisses me off to no end.

end rant :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Guest Jewel

I have found that experience gainedin a previous life bouncing in "The Cross" can be fairly effective in avoiding the rusty bait knife!

I like the number plate idea though Andrew!

Guest Jocool
I find being over 100kg of large,bald, ugly and angry angler quite effective in those situations!

55078[/snapback]

Works for me...Except I have hair now.

Good on you for calling them mate.

i'll tell you what Joe

he could have been your twin, and his mate wasnt far behind him so i didnt push my luck too far.

when i went back he was still there so i tried to take a pic of him with my binocular camera but the light was too low. pity it would be good to start a "shame thread" to put photo's of these mongrels up on.

sitting here with a :beersmile: now so i'm startng to mellow out :biggrin2:

Its enough to make anyone very angry but realistically you have no idea who you are dealing with so ringing fisheries & leaving it to them is probably the wisest move.

Getting stabbed or beaten up for a fish ? Just not worth the risk. Too many crazy bastards around these days you just have to watch the 6 o'clock news to see that.

Back when I was a boy in the olden days we would have.........................:1naughty:

Guest Jocool
I think a situation like that can be handled diplomatically. Just ask the guy if he realises what he is doing is illegal. Maybe he wasn't aware! :1yikes:

If he then tells you to rack of, thats your cue to take down his rego number, if you know which car is his, and call the Fisheries hotline1800 043 536! If by some chance you can't talk to a live Fisheries inspector, and get the recorded message, then keep these two numbers on hand:

Cameron 0408601951

Paul 0419185518

They are both Fisheries Inspectors. and have given me the go ahead to publish their numbers previously! They will respond ASAP! :thumbup:

52578[/snapback]

From an old thread!

I see it more and more on brizzy waters which is really killing the fishing. But the worst still is avoca rocks ive seen kingies the would be pushing 30cm kept its a joke and i have seen the fisheries once and they cleaned up. Some people dont care like one day a man was fishing for snapper and was catching little flatties and snapper way to small and he would tread on them and throw them to the pelican. I went up and said something about the future of that species and if every1 did it there would be none left and he just looked at me blank and said oh well pelican has to eat. My mates have copped snapper being pegged at them because they released there undersized fish. Its a jk something has to be done really gets to me. :ranting2: sorry for going on so long

same story as everyone on this thread.. it gets to me alot when i do the right thing and i see people blatently abusing our systems. I speak up as often as i can to these people but sometimes only drives them to be even more arrogant.

I sometimes ask myself what does our licence money pay for.. I understand that fish stocking is an integarl part but surely more fisheries personel patoling our coastline keeping people in check would negate the need to have to stock fish in the first place. Or at least protect our natural fish stocks.

Maybe harsher penalties should be imposed... and a fishing education program for offenders..

Is that too harsh? I'd love to hear your thoughts on how we could educate the uneducated.

I was down at Avoca rocks a while ago and a kid was catching crabs in the rockpool whilst his dad was fishing. The kid caught a quite big rock crab as far as rock crabs go, and took it over to show his dad.

It was a female with a whole lot of roe under its tail. So the dad pulled out his knife and for no reason at all scraped the eggs out from under the crabs tail and threw them away and then dropped the crap and trod on it. Unbelievable.

Guest MarkD
I was down at Avoca rocks a while ago and a kid was catching crabs in the rockpool whilst his dad was fishing. The kid caught a quite big rock crab as far as rock crabs go, and took it over to show his dad.

It was a female with a whole lot of roe under its tail. So the dad pulled out his knife and for no reason at all scraped the eggs out from under the crabs tail and threw them away and then dropped the crap and trod on it. Unbelievable.

55797[/snapback]

What a scumbag. :ranting2::ranting2:

55797[/snapback]

It's that kind of blatent bullshit that pisses us all off

years ago someone told me "you cant put in what god left out". Seems he may have left a few things out of some of those so called fishermen. Anyone notice how all the stories were about men? Wonder if women are just more socially responsible?

Hi all, haven't been posting since a long while ago but came across this thread and feel like adding a query. I just can't understand why would anyone keep the small ones? I presumed these fishermen are trying to get a feed and not for the fun of fishing and would furthermore judging by the quality of their tackles. But... but... huh??? The small ones for a feed? :wacko: There isn't much meat anyway! Oh ok.. maybe say they would accumulate heaps of the small ones say for example 5 small breams = meat quantity of 1 normal bream. OK, if that's what they want, I just hope the fisheries would give a fine of $1000 for an undersize fish kept, so that'll amount to $5000 for his foolish act. :thumbup: Anyway, I believed good people gets good karma, bad people gets bad karma. The foolish will either one day be caught or just continues to get undersize fishes for the rest of his life!

Hi all, haven't been posting since a long while ago but came across this thread and feel like adding a query. I just can't understand why would anyone keep the small ones? I presumed these fishermen are trying to get a feed and not for the fun of fishing and would furthermore judging by the quality of their tackles. But... but... huh??? The small ones for a feed?  :wacko:  There isn't much meat anyway! Oh ok.. maybe say they would accumulate heaps of the small ones say for example 5 small breams = meat quantity of 1 normal bream. OK, if that's what they want, I just hope the fisheries would give a fine of $1000 for an undersize fish kept, so that'll amount to $5000 for his foolish act. :thumbup:  Anyway, I believed good people gets good karma, bad people gets bad karma. The foolish will either one day be caught or just continues to get undersize fishes for the rest of his life!

56778[/snapback]

In some countries a 10cm fish is pretty good!! :wacko: I was in China last year in a poor country town, and they were fishing in a canal catching fish about 5-10cm in size (this was the max size the fish grew) which was to be their dinner. I think that some migrants just find it hard break old habits when they come over here. Only thing we can do here is to try and keep educating them.

Cheers

In some countries a 10cm fish is pretty good!! :wacko: I was in China last year in a poor country town, and they were fishing in a canal catching fish about 5-10cm  in size (this was the max size the fish grew) which was to be their dinner.  I think that some migrants just find it hard break old habits when they come over here. Only thing we can do here is to try and keep educating them.

Cheers

56786[/snapback]

But how do they eat them? Do they just cook em up in a stew & throw the bones away as they're eating, or grind it up somehow and eat the lot? It must be dangerous eating such little fish with so many tiny bones in them.

But how do they eat them?  Do they just cook em up in a stew & throw the bones away as they're eating, or grind it up somehow and eat the lot?  It must be dangerous eating such little fish with so many tiny bones in them.

56788[/snapback]

Think they deep fry them. That way they can eat the bones

Cheers