Eastern Suburbs

chriseels2010

Hi everyone,

Just got back from perhaps my funnest and best day out fishing near watsons bay.

First up, casted a half pillie out on my 1-4kg rod, left it there for a bit and checked the rod after 5 mins and felt a heavy weight, can't say it was much of a fight, just a dead weight. Came up as a nice 55cm flatty, stoked!

Later on, I get a massive hit, especially for a newbie, it was pulling line off so quickly, called it for a kingy! here's hoping!. Eventually after the biggest fight of my fishing life, a nice 37cm Snapper. NICE. Caught on yellowtail fillet.

Just after that I get an even bigger hit right under the pylons but I was too slow to set the drag and it cut me off. Wonder what it was.

Next up after finishing all my bait, put some yellowtail guts on my unweighted handline and pulled up a nice 30cm bream to end the day.

All in all a great morning.

post-16697-097376100 1328660940_thumb.jpg

Well done mate

It's not often you get a legal red in the harbour, great effort.

I used to do a bit of fishing around watsons bay till I bought my boat and I used to get busted by some big fish. I remember one time I had I little nibble went to bring it in and as I was something a lot bigger decided to take over. This thing had me shakin, sat deep and was like holding onto a slow moving freight train. I tried to stop it but no chance. I still don't know what it was, I'm thinking some sort of shark?? Anyway it is a great spot hope you have as much luck next time

Cheers

Daniel