Out from Tunks Sunday

saltrix

Got an early start from Tunks in a mates boat just before sun up. Got a couple of tailor trolling around Grotto and a salmon (returned ) around washaway.

Then on to North Head but the swell looked a bit big so gave it a wide berth and headed out to the DY wide flathead ground past a very sloppy area around the north of north head. Once past Manly it was much better. With a light southerly wind and a northerly current it was hard to hold the bottom and after a few drifts gave it away and headed out a bit wider to a slightly shallower reef where my mate managed a nice morwong,

After a few shifts we spotted the Sydney FAD so we did a few drifts past it throwing pilchards and drifting the bottom which resulted in 1 U/S kingfish (returned) which gave the mate a good workout on light gear.

The wind had now died down so decided to give the DY flathead groung a couple of drifts before going home and found them biting well.

We picked up 13 between us, a mixture of blue spot and marbled, and most a very good size. There was only a small area and every pass on that spot produced fish, sometimes a double. Left them biting and headed home about 2pm with almost all the fish caught in the last hour in the calmer conditions.

post-3961-083255700 1331452675_thumb.jpg

.post-3961-037759900 1331452737_thumb.jpg

The fish were kept on ice, only tipped out for quick photo.

Edited by saltrix

Very nice Alan, that is a good haul. Good to see you still have the touch..

Godd to hear from you. I have tried to ring you a few times but no answer, give me a ring one day when you have a chance.

Regards Alan