Another bay suprise in the same week

350chev

Hi raiders,

I was lucky enough to get out twice in one week, thanks to my beautiful wife, thanks honey!

Anyway late start again, early day off from work, hit the bay with my bro inlaw at around 11:30, water was much cleaner then Thursday, dropped anchor and had the burley pot working hard.

Had our squid and prawn baits out and time to sit back. Wind was a little brisk coming from the ssw made it a little difficult as current was running in opposite direction.

Things where a little quiet, until my rod slightly tips over and 8lb mono line starts steadily peeling of the spool. Thus rod was rigged with 20lb leader and a nice fat hawksbury prawn. After a few moments I set the hook and boy was it solid.

After what seemed like a while my thoughts where brought to life as the shimmer of red and speakles of blue come to the surface.

Woohoo another unbelievable botany snapper. It went 49cm and around 2kg. Two nice reds in the same week in the bay, could this be a sign? I hope so.

That was it, other then the kings we got glimpses of smashing past us almost half out of the water. My bro inlaw had a good run on a whole pillie, we called it for king seeing that it happened right after we had seen them smashing the surface.

Anyways one great snapper for the day kept a smile on my face.

Cheers and tight lines

Daniel