Please no more donuts...!

dhype

Hi Raiders...

Have had a bit of a dry spell recently... as over the past few weeks have been trying to catch bream on hardbodies, jews on plastics and trolling for marlin out wide... lets just say the results have been more than sh1t... :1badmood:

Sick of eating these...

post-10545-010618000 1336459913_thumb.jpg

So, when out a bought this... furuno 585.. drool....

post-10545-033657300 1336459945_thumb.jpg

and all these to drown my sorrows...

post-10545-012168400 1336459986_thumb.jpg

Popped out for a quick 2 hour fish with the new gear and it helped me find a few old friends whom all wanted to joining me for sashmi tonight. Great!

post-10545-095913300 1336460082_thumb.jpg

Oh yes.. no donuts for dinner tonight.... :biggrin2:

Cheers

Trung

ps. bumped into a few fishraiders on the Bay.. buster1 and another fellow in an orange barcusher ? Hi guys nice to chat to you both! :thumbup:

Edited by dhype

Hi Raiders...

Have had a bit of a dry spell recently... as over the past few weeks have been trying to catch bream on hardbodies, jews on plastics and trolling for marlin out wide... lets just say the results have been more than sh1t... :1badmood:

Sick of eating these...

Popped out for a quick 2 hour fish with the new gear and it helped me find a few old friends whom all wanted to joining me for sashmi tonight. Great!

Cheers

Trung

ps. bumped into a few fishraiders on the Bay.. buster1 and another fellow in an orange barcusher ? Hi guys nice to chat to you both! :thumbup:

Nice going but were are the crispy creams ay :1prop:

Hi Raiders...

Sick of eating these...

Cheers

Trung

Hi Trung,

Guy with the orange Bar Crusher here. Nice to meet you today. Im sorry you had to leave the bay so early and go to work but 2 hours is better than none.

Would you be able to tell me where you got those live bait tanks hanging off the back of your boat. My neighbour can't find them anywhere for his Stacer.

Cheers Trung

Hi Trung,

Guy with the orange Bar Crusher here. Nice to meet you today. Im sorry you had to leave the bay so early and go to work but 2 hours is better than none.

Would you be able to tell me where you got those live bait tanks hanging off the back of your boat. My neighbour can't find them anywhere for his Stacer.

Cheers Trung

Hey stacko!

Hope you cleaned up the bream after i left ! You have a fantastic looking boat... very nice. :thumbup:

The bait tanks hanging off the back of my boat is from is made by Santmarine, you can buy them online or from Bias.. they are only about 25L each so that why I have two.. one for the squid and the other for the yakka etc. They are now running off a 300GPH pump as the 500GPH was an overkill for the small tank!

See you on the water next time.

Cheers

Trung

post-10545-069612100 1336472146_thumb.jpg

:074: Why take out your frustrations on the poor squids, what did they ever do to you. lol

Shame about the donuts mate, we all have those bad luck streaks. I think its just been bad timing for bream on hardbodies and the marlin have moved further offshore with the odd blue being cauht along the shelf and beyond.

Looke like there are still plenty of squid around tho. Nice catch. This could be the turning point.

That Furuno 585 is one sick as unit. Ive had the pleasure of using one offshore and it is a weapon. Very clear and easy to read, u can tell the difference between fish species if used properly. Did you get the 1kw transducer or 600w?

Hi Raiders...

Have had a bit of a dry spell recently... as over the past few weeks have been trying to catch bream on hardbodies, jews on plastics and trolling for marlin out wide... lets just say the results have been more than sh1t... :1badmood: I'll swap you one yakka for 2 squid. Deal lol

Sick of eating these...

Cheers

Trung

Hi Trung good to meet at Kernell yesterday, I caught 4squid and 1 cuttle fish took them outside to northen headland,slow trolled them for 2 hours without hit also tried Bear Island,and the Oil wharf, not 1 one hit all day A BIG DONUT

Cheers Garry

post-571-077031100 1336513178_thumb.jpg

Hey stacko!

Hope you cleaned up the bream after i left ! You have a fantastic looking boat... very nice. :thumbup:

The bait tanks hanging off the back of my boat is from is made by Santmarine, you can buy them online or from Bias.. they are only about 25L each so that why I have two.. one for the squid and the other for the yakka etc. They are now running off a 300GPH pump as the 500GPH was an overkill for the small tank!

See you on the water next time.

Cheers

Trung

post-10545-069612100 1336472146_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help Trung. Thats an awesome set up you have. Did you build the bases they sit on or can you buy them from Santmarine.

We managed 3 good sized bream and about 30 leather jackets as my dad loves them so I promised him a feed but no big action around. Might go out Friday morning for a few hours. Might see you out on the water if you don't have to work.

Take care

Stacey

So you were soooo upset at all your recent donutter sessions, that you had to lash out and spend a small fortune on a heap of jigs and a new sounder ?

Man, I hope you don't get upset very often else you won't be able to afford yourself !

Nice rig Trung. You have painstakingly set it up nicely with a distinct eye for symmetry.

Very important - I have done the same.

I can't handle the asymmetrical look.

I think that I recognise the street in front of you as well....

But that's OK - I'll have to drive past one day and if you're there cleaning your boat, I'll just have to have a look in that killbox....hehehe

I can see some nice big squid there as well as some yakkas.

Is that whole lot going to be eaten as sashimi ?

I'm not surprised you donutted on the bream on hardbodies.

The water on the southern side of the bay has been dirty for weeks and last weekend was no exception.

I'm not a lure fisho but I reckon you would have to have a rattle in the lure to get the lures eaten in such cloudy water....

But the bream are there, along with quite a few stonker whiting...

I even caught a numb ray and saw a big green turtle.......

Tony