Kogarah Bay 17.5.2012

rigga

Gday raiders,

went for an early morning fish before uni with a mate, arrived around 7am getting in on tide going down. plenty of nibbles but fish would grab on, but through persistance i managed to grab two beautiful beam going around 25-30cm with using chicken breast and parmasen cheese! does anyone have tips to get hooks out of fish when they are deep in there mouth?

460615_240834462688982_100002872896785_383201_857543557_o.jpg

If your eating the fish they to rip it out as gently as possible and if your realizing just cut the line as close to the mouth as possible

Thanks for the quick reply, thats hat i did cut the line as short as possible, but everything i catch i release :) i just fish for fun and would rather them grow and have plenty of babies!

Gday raiders,

went for an early morning fish before uni with a mate, arrived around 7am getting in on tide going down. plenty of nibbles but fish would grab on, but through persistance i managed to grab two beautiful beam going around 25-30cm with using chicken breast and parmasen cheese! does anyone have tips to get hooks out of fish when they are deep in there mouth?

460615_240834462688982_100002872896785_383201_857543557_o.jpg

Crush the barbs on the hook or buy a plastic hook disgorger (couple of dollars if that)

Cheers Blood Knot

• 2 weeks later...

Hi raiders, I have to agree black magic kl1/0 circle hooks snell tied onto your leader works great on bream, I've even had success on the beach with these using green banana prawn peeled and cut to small peices leaving the point exposed so it finds the fishes mouth.