MULLOWAY

toyrnr

Went for a fish landbased in the parramatta river last Thursday night. Got to the wharf at around 11.30 to catch our bait and to have the first bait out as soon as the last ferry departed at 12. Nothing for the first hour, threw out another bait(a small butterflied yellowtail with a single hook through the nose) at 1.30am and about half an hour later(within the last couple hours of the run in tide) my mates screaming at me YOUR ROD YOUR ROD!. I ran over, striked and fought a nice 70cm Mulloway to the wharf where my mate was waiting for the gaff shot.

Cheers

Nick

post-8006-042592600 1338717519_thumb.jpg

post-8006-023802200 1338717625_thumb.jpg

Went for a fish landbased in the parramatta river last Thursday night. Got to the wharf at around 11.30 to catch our bait and to have the first bait out as soon as the last ferry departed at 12. Nothing for the first hour, threw out another bait(a small butterflied yellowtail with a single hook through the nose) at 1.30am and about half an hour later(within the last couple hours of the run in tide) my mates screaming at me YOUR ROD YOUR ROD!. I ran over, striked and fought a nice 70cm Mulloway to the wharf where my mate was waiting for the gaff shot.

Cheers

Nick

Nice jewie great work :thumbup:

J Hooked your lucky you caught some after the 6hour wait. I've waited 6hours on multiple occasions without a run lol but that's fishing ay lol

Look I've heard that around the gladesville are we're I fish you can eat small portions of the fish you catch every now and then. Dunno what happens to you when you eat fish constantly from there and I wouldn't want to find out lol

Ye man plenty I found that when I fish for Jewfish there in winter I get a lot of big bream by catches. I mean bream smashing whole butterflied tailors and yellowtail. I was fishing there with a mate last week he was fishing for bream but casting his line out. It was a high tide and I told him on the high here the bream feed around the wharf. First bait he dropped he caught a 35cm bream he was like no way lol I was laughing.

J Hooked your lucky you caught some after the 6hour wait. I've waited 6hours on multiple occasions without a run lol but that's fishing ay lol

Look I've heard that around the gladesville are we're I fish you can eat small portions of the fish you catch every now and then. Dunno what happens to you when you eat fish constantly from there and I wouldn't want to find out lol

I had the tide change in between catches. As for the other you may end up as a permanent light fixture glowing a strange green. LOL. :wacko:

Ye man plenty I found that when I fish for Jewfish there in winter I get a lot of big bream by catches. I mean bream smashing whole butterflied tailors and yellowtail. I was fishing there with a mate last week he was fishing for bream but casting his line out. It was a high tide and I told him on the high here the bream feed around the wharf. First bait he dropped he caught a 35cm bream he was like no way lol I was laughing.

but 70cm Mulloway = 5 x 35cm bream? right?

good work :)

and BTW - smile for the camera!!!!

Edited by user1829

Haha that's true J Hooked lol and user1829 your right about the bream that also would be nice and I do have to work on smiling in pics haha cheers guys

Edited by MALLIOS

thanks

Any bream lurking around that wharf during this time of the year?

Yep some real good ones about , i caught a few over 40cm lately :) . Using descent sized mullet strips for bait .

Nice Jew by the way .