clifton gardens

MidNrthFisho

Hey guys,

With all these reports of jewfish being taken I am keen to get involved in some of the action! I keep getting told that 'a friends friend' or that someone has heard of good jewfish being caught at clifton gardens, but have never been told of any first hand accounts of any jewfish taken! I was wondering if anybody on here has heard if any Jewfish have been caught there, or whether it is one of those things where people talk it up when there aren't many fish being caught!

Just curious to see if there is any fact behind the stories

Cheers guys

Michael

Only ever sees one caught there. It was around this time last year at night this old guy was using a hand line and chicken and caught a jewie about 40 cm not very big but he still kept it.

Got my first jewfish at clifton gardens around 14 years ago off the wharf. I was casting from the arm on the right where the fenced off pool is. This is not by choice as I prefer the very end but it was always taken. I Don't fish there much these days but back then you would see trawlers netting the top part of the chowder bay at night. I'd imagine with the ban the place would realy fire up.