Port Hacking Flatties

mako2000

Decided to leave work early today and have a fish with my Dad, only managed one keeper flattie of about 38cm.....the one I let go has made my year though!!! Took a live bloodworm and the fight lasted nearly 30 minutes with a 1st run of nearly 80 meteres.....thought winter flatties were supposed to be docile...lol A bit of luck came into play as well....When I first left the ramp headed out and had a fish further downriver ans was planning on fishing that area before I remembered my phone was sitting on the dash of the car. After heading back to get it decided to try a dropoff that I always thought looked fishy...1st drift...38cm...2nd drift lost a 60cm at the boat....3rd drift...bang@!!@

post-7965-041431100 1342767001_thumb.jpg

post-7965-086622400 1342767021_thumb.jpg

post-7965-098252000 1342767048_thumb.jpg

Edited by mako2000

Thanks guys..im still on cloud 9...my biggest flatty by a long shot, the pics dont do it justice either, it was real fat and thick....and swam away nicely after was well...How do I enter the catch of the month comp as I made sure there as a shoe in a photo!

Edited by mako2000

Thanks guys..im still on cloud 9...my biggest flatty by a long shot, the pics dont do it justice either, it was real fat and thick....and swam away nicely after as well...How do I enter the catch of the month comp as I made sure there as a shoe in a photo!

Here is the link giving details of how to enter the fish in COTM

Cheers Blood Knot

Beautiful fish mate, well done...

I have recently relocated back to the area and the bait shop I used to go to off Parraweena Rd has shut. Where did you get the live bloodworm from??

Cheers

Choicebro

Gabes tackle at Sylvania heights..

What a healthy looking croc. Must have been heart in the mouth stuff as it took the long run. Good onya for releasing the big breeder :thumbup:

Heart in the mouth definately.... a sienna 1000, 4 lb braid and 8 lb mono trace....I had to fire the boat up and chase the bloody thing!!

Absolutely fantastic fish and hats off to the release. Sure beats my baby squid from Wally's Wharf this evening. Come to think of it, I should give you that squid so you can entice more big lizards, but you're probably sold on bloodworm now, eh?

From one shark to another, again,

WELL DONE

Cheers,

Nursie