Hitting Botany bay!

kingfishaholic

Hey guys! Been dying for a fish for a while and hopefully tommorow might be the day! Due to the hopeless wheather there havent been many reports regarding botany, do you have any suggestions of whats been biting/recent catches?

Also if the owner of a boat has a boat and fishing licence is he responsible for others onboard or are they responsible for their own individual fishing licences?

Ps this will become a report hopefully once i come back :)

thanx in advanced guys! any help appreciated!

Edited by kingfishaholic

G'day Kingfishaholic.

Sorry I can't help you on what's biting in the Bay, other than a drift off Towra Point will almost always produce flathead. But I can advise that, as a private boat owner, you are not responsible for providing the fishing licenses of others on board. It's up to them. If the fisheries inspectors pull up at your boat, just make sure that only the licensed guys are holding rods and that you have no other rods set up, or they will bust the others on suspicion, I'd expect. Personally, I wouldn't knowingly take an unlicensed person out on the boat if I was going fishing.

It's up to you.

Cheers,

Nursie

Guest Aussie007

the skipper is always responsible boating wise however your not responsible for others not having a license and if the wind is over 15 in the bay stay in bed :biggrin2:

Hi,

I had a shore based flick of some pumpkin seed grubs yesterday morning, I walked from Dolls Point to about 1/2 way between Ramsgate baths and the Novatel.

Had only one hit but did not get to set the hooks, felt like a keeper but I will never really know ...

There was a pod of dolphins prowling around, althoug the lack of birds following them probably meant they were not getting any either.

A lovely morning none the less... Waiting for the water temp to come up, and the flatties to start feeding a bit more actively.

I met another fisho drifting nippers around Dolls Point, he was also coming up with a donut.

Interestingly he was using nippers caught months earlier and then frozen, now there is an idea ...

Cheers

just buy however many licences you need (max number of people you take out) and leave them in a water proof container on the boat.

Is that legal ?

I thought each person who gets a license needs to fill out there own form to identify that the license was for that specific person.

Picked up some nice flatties over the past couple of weeks on sp's. Just off the hot water outlet at the oil wharf and drifting close in along Dolls Point to Ramsgate. Nice squid around the drums and Watts Reef.Let us know how it goes.CheersSteve