Hoodlooms at Longy

Dazzlar

Hi Raiders havnt been on the water for about 2months had a go today with kingfish on my mind, collected livies then out to search for squid (no luck) only tried 2spots, with the good weather early in the morning decided to go straight to longreef and so did every other fisherman today with the Wall a very popular choice for every one. Me not one who enjoys a crowd found my own spot not very far and found a patch of kings, Got smoked 5times in a row fishing in 12m of water doesnt help then finally landed one my PB 105cm post-17549-043935900 1351679053_thumb.jpgthe magic 1m mark absalutly stoked, thought id finish on top and with a good feed headed back to the harbour

awesome king mate! well done!

I think the kingy season has begun! I was out in the Bay today, outside water temp is sitting at 18.5. All I managed were rats, rats and more rats, heaps of action on the sounder. Every time I reeled one in, a whole pack of them would come up following, they were absolutely everywhere.

Just waiting for the bigger ones to arrive from Longy :biggrin2:

Impressive mate, did he have anything in his gut other than your livie ?

From what I could identify was a couple of yakas & what I think was a few small sweep, might just keep those pesky sweep I catch for livies that I catch from time to time

Edited by Dazzlar

Where would be best place to park up to access the wall?

Drive to Long Reef Golf Club and drive through their car park and park out near the boat ramp and walk out to the end. You can park pretty close to where you go compare to other spots like walking into Jervis Bay at some spots.

Edited by backintoit