Night fishing for jewfish

stickybeak

Middle harbour ,thanks to mr squid.i have been following his post and I was really keen on catching my first jewfish. Went sat put boat in at tunks park at 5.00pm with my two boys ,we tried our luck for squid but no luck.went to our spot for the night had some frozen squid and we caught live yackers thru the night .no bites all night it wasn't until 6.00am the rod with the squid bait got nailed I picked up the rod line screaming off I thought this could be it, it woke the kids up lucky cause I got Zane to wind the other rod in and get it out of the way and grab the net ready.i felt the head shakes that everyone talks about then 5 min later a big silver flash appears out of the deep one more run then Zane had him in the net nervous moments and I helped him pull the fish in the boat we done it our first jewfish hi fives all round , little Noah still had sleep on his eyes but now had the biggest grin on his face we put the fish in the esky it went 74cm. Fished till 7.00 no bites so pulled up anchor and went to find some new squid spots got 3 nice squid in 1hr wish I got them in yesterday's session but all good back to boat ramp at 9.00am cooked the jewfish and squd tubes up and kept the head and tennicles for bait next timeesaja4e6.jpgbu4e2ata.jpgagu6usy8.jpgy2y2e2es.jpg

Kids must have loved seeing the jew and squidies. We fished last night for a jew that took a yakka over a live squid. Pretty easy ATM to find jews in the harbour, just gotta hit the known spots with fresh bait and wait.

mike

Edited by zenman

Great to see you do it with your young fellers.

My Pop taught me and I taught my Boys, there is nothing better than to catch quality fish with the young ones.

They remember it for life, I know I have.

Thanks guys for the replys , it was our second trip out since last summer and first time in middle harbour what a top place to fish so much bait we found and nice deep water to fish in.The boys allways come with me it was kind of how i got the new boat last summer with the misses.I fished with my dad and brothers when we were kids and been fishing ever since now its time to pass it on to my boys .Next fish on the list is a kingfish hopeing this summer maybe?