Hoodlum

chewie

Finished work and raced to meet Erroll for a cheeky arvo session with commitments we only had 3 hours to fish and adding to this we had to sit out the big storm at the bait grounds.

Anyway, armed with Yakkas we sounded around some of our kingy haunts and were rewarded with a nice big Hood that gave me a real good battle all the way to the boat.

of course we forgot the net and not wanting to gaff the fish it was tail grabbed and brought onboard and after a few pics released to terrorise another fisherman.

There are some big kings to be caught at the moment for those who have the time to get out there!

It went 110cm and was a solid fish.

post-17369-090719400 1352502170_thumb.jpg

Great fish Chewie, the pics do it justice, must be a good photographer!! That was an epic fight and you handled it like a champ. Very well deserved. We have to get back there soon. That spot owes me big time after those two dust ups..

I'll try and bring the net next time.

Cheers

Edited by erroll

awesome effort. Can you give me some hints on where to get livebaits, and a place to start fishing for kings, where you in the bay?

Hey Mate,

the kings move around all the time so its best to look for them around structure. be it wrecks, reefs, the washes, or channel markers. Find Squid over kelp beds and Yakkas around deeper wharfs and markers.

I was fishing out of Sydney Harbour.

Nice work, hopefully this summer produces for me.

We're you down rigging the live bait?

Cheers Luke

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, we left the riggers at home. It was caught on a weighted Yakka, long 60lb trace on a marked school.

Hey Mate,

the kings move around all the time so its best to look for them around structure. be it wrecks, reefs, the washes, or channel markers. Find Squid over kelp beds and Yakkas around deeper wharfs and markers.

I was fishing out of Sydney Harbour.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated and congrats :)

Finished work and raced to meet Erroll for a cheeky arvo session with commitments we only had 3 hours to fish and adding to this we had to sit out the big storm at the bait grounds.

Anyway, armed with Yakkas we sounded around some of our kingy haunts and were rewarded with a nice big Hood that gave me a real good battle all the way to the boat.

of course we forgot the net and not wanting to gaff the fish it was tail grabbed and brought onboard and after a few pics released to terrorise another fisherman.

There are some big kings to be caught at the moment for those who have the time to get out there!

It went 110cm and was a solid fish.

post-17369-090719400 1352502170_thumb.jpg

That's freaking massive!