GIANT FLATHEAD

Dusky_Chaser

Amazing collection of fish... so close to the magical 100cm fish! (there must be a 100cm flatty in Mallacoota!)

The smiles in the photos tell the whole story

Well done!

Well done gents, I've been fishing Mallacoota for the last ten or so years and have seen some huge crocs caught, was fishing next to a young fella one afternoon (he was about 13 or 14) with one of those $13 ***** special outfits, all of sudden he was calling out to his dad to come and help, the flattie he landed was 99cm long, I know coz I measured it.

I really could have strangled the little bloke at the time, he didn't have a clue what he was doing, and later told me it was the second fish he had ever caught.

Well done again fellas....................

Great fish Dusky. I fished Wonboyn in the late 70s using Vibrotail plastics and landed some great lizards, including one that weighed 12.5 lbs. Lost a similar fish the next day (thankfully in retrospect) .as we were fishing 6lb mono without a trace. That was in the bad old days when we killed and weighed fish rather than released them. Thankfully times and attitudes have changed. That big old girl must have been in the mid to high ninties from the photos I have of her. I want to go back there one day.

Kel