Botany Bay this morning

Shed1

HI All,

Early start on Botany Bay this morning, great conditions, light winds.

Set off to Towra Point for a spot of SP fishing and have a first go with pencils for whiting.

Nice flathead on soft plastics so with dinner in the esky decided to give the pencils a go, Strada Viral 70's. Then......

I hooked what looks like a prehistoric whiting with teeth, I have no idea what they are, landed 3 with 2 over 47cm! Not even sure if they are edible?

Photo, not very good, attached.

Also managed a nice Tailor on the pencils

Cheers

post-23017-095778000 1353733387_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shed1

HI All,

Early start on Botany Bay this morning, great conditions, light winds.

Set off to Towra Point for a spot of SP fishing and have a first go with pencils for whiting.

Nice flathead on soft plastics so with dinner in the esky decided to give the pencils a go, Strada Viral 70's. Then......

I hooked what looks like a prehistoric whiting with teeth, I have no idea what they are, landed 3 with 2 over 47cm! Not even sure if they are edible?

Photo, not very good, attached.

Also managed a nice Tailor on the pencils

Cheers

[/quote ]

Long Fin Pike, are the edible?

Mate scale them cut them up the gut cavity and stuff them with lemon slices. Wrap them in grease proof paper and slowly roast them in a moderate oven for 20minutes.

When finished remove the fish and eat the bloody paper!!!!!!!

Pike = :puke:

The short fin pike, with the yellowish skin and slightly thicker body, is a stinky and not really edible fish.

The long fin pike, or snook, is actually reasonably edible. Have eaten a few caught from Port Hacking, and they are a popular table fish in Victoria (though Victorians also eat a lot of shark or 'flake')