friday bash

wizza

hi wahoo76 there are bottm contour maps put out decades ago for proposed sand mining .they show the sand mud and reef.your tackle shop may have one.cheers wizza

Wizza ,

Nice haul mate :thumbup: When you fish this depth at anchor, what sort of rig do you use? Floating baits or big sinkers and a couple of hooks on droppers?

Cheers

Fisher king

G'day Wizza,

you got a 5kg groper in 75m of water?

That's amazing.

I only ever thought they stayed in 25m or less....

That's a fantastic haul you got there, especially solo and in a small tinny as well.

I know the maps you're talking about.

I have a copy of all of them but I don't go to sea anymore so haven't studied them for years.

yes keflapod groper light blue grey clour in 75 m.looked like those wa ones with big lips. have recently caught red one in 39metres.stillhave frame and flaps in freezer for future stock cookup.when we are rapidly reefed could be more of them around.great running fish until the barotrauma.cheers wizza

Great catch mate.

You certainly know how to catch a snapper. Anchoring and burlying on the deeper reefs aye. They must be startimg to move out a bit.

Hay glad it was you pulling the anchor in and not me.

But after seeing this post i think ill be pulling my anchor in from 75m at some stage this weekend. ill send you the physio bill.

Dave

hi wahoo76 there are bottm contour maps put out decades ago for proposed sand mining .they show the sand mud and reef.your tackle shop may have one.cheers wizza

That is a great capture Wizza, nothing better than a solid red coming into view on a boat.

Can you please tell me what the contour maps are called, I have always wanted to get one but my reasesrcb hasn't produced much? Thanks