Solid beach jew

humesy

Details/story is as follows.

It was indeed a very fishy evening and I had a strong feeling that a local central coast beach would produce. I had a good supply of squid in the freezer, mainly due to a couple of recent fruitless trips on the jewies. Arrived an hour before sunset and started with a few bonito strips and plenty of burley. A short while later a 55cm jew hit the first squid bait to go out and then another (just 30cm) shortly afterwards.

At about 8.30, the biggie struck. I was using my 13ft heavy beach rod/alvey set up and it performed superbly. There were rocks nearby so I had the hurt on and the fish was comfortably subdued. The shorebreak was very dumpy and was the only really nervous moment. I actually lost contact with the fish as it washed up on a wave and it bashed into my legs on the way past. It stayed on the sand afterwards and I was ready to celebrate.

I had my biggest juiciest squid left in the bucket and I reckon there was every chance of another big fish. I had plenty of cleaning ahead of me and now have plenty of fillets in the fridge so I happily called it a night.

It had a totally empty stomach so may have been hungry. The barometer showed 1004 which is low and the change hit at about midnight. Make of that what you will.

Happy days!

The smile on ya dial says it all. Well done mate as that's an absolute beauty. I am in Vanuatu chasing a big blue. I knew you'd crack one over 10 kegs before me. Happy days. You'll have to move onto a blue water addiction now.

Mike

The smile on ya dial says it all. Well done mate as that's an absolute beauty. I am in Vanuatu chasing a big blue. I knew you'd crack one over 10 kegs before me. Happy days. You'll have to move onto a blue water addiction now.

Mike

The blue water addiction comes after your 20kg fish mate!

Go get 'em Humesy. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

The blue water addiction comes after your 20kg fish mate!

Go get 'em Humesy. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Absolute cracker fish Humesey. Mate I still have that killer squid jig you lef on the boat so when next up north drop in for a coldie. Good luck in NZ. May you have your arms pulled of by a friendly kiwi king!!!!