Botany Bay 7/10

quintrex480

Hi Raiders, it's been a while since I've been able to bring home a king, lost count of the number of trips this summer where the only thing I've been able to do is feed squid to rats. Made a late call today to head out, got onto the water at 11:30 and planned to squid for an hour and then hit the kings, if not then I had some prawns and plastics for bream and flatties.

Fortunately I got onto 3 squid quick smart and proceeded to DR them for some kings. First drop and pass, came back with nothing (fed them again!, getting quite depressed now), whack on half a squid, bang it's on, definitely no hoodie from the lack of bending in the rod, but called it for a keeper, got it boatside only for it to spit the hook, think I 'gunned' it out too quickly ranting2.gif feeling quite deflated, I whacked on the other half, lose it again to pickers. Stripped up the last squid, and I am on, calling it for a keeper as well, got it in the boat at 78cm. The relief that I can finally take a king home biggrin2.gif

lost the rest of the strips to more pickers, but started seeing some really good showings on the sounder, fish everywhere, with some pretty large arches, only if I had more squid, oh wells, leave them for next time.

got home and introduced the king to my new sashimi knife, the king had no chance! biggrin2.gif

post-16665-055594300 1357560601_thumb.jpg

post-16665-052627700 1357560626_thumb.jpg

post-16665-093698400 1357560641_thumb.jpg

post-16665-069842600 1357560756_thumb.jpg

The joys of fishing for Kingies! Great stuff mate, glad you were able to get one on the table :)

Now that work has started, gonna have to hit up the Bay from now on. No chance of getting onto the Hacking on the weekends. :thumbdown:

Sorry if I am salivating as I say this but wow that is a nice kingy (and sashimi)! :thumbup:

I can attest it is a "nice" kingy indeed. Thanks for the sushimi.. went down nicely :).

Solo and late start too! Well done!

Edited by Formosan

Hey buddy,

Great to see you finally got a keeper. I've been out a few times over the last week but things have been very quiet.

I bought myself some xraps and trolled outside for nothing.

My furuno has been quite bear as well.

Did you find them in the bay??

Cheers Daniel

1357561084[/url]' post='465737']

Sorry if I am salivating as I say this but wow that is a nice kingy (and sashimi)! :thumbup:

Sometimes when you can only manage one, and one that isn't a big one. You appreciate it so much more, and they somehow taste that much better also. :)

1357588517[/url]' post='465759']

The joys of fishing for Kingies! Great stuff mate, glad you were able to get one on the table :)

Now that work has started, gonna have to hit up the Bay from now on. No chance of getting onto the Hacking on the weekends. :thumbdown:

Work starts next week for me when that happens, I'll be hitting the bay after work in the yak. Might catch u out there.

1357594489[/url]' post='465765']

Well done buddy. That frustration was never going to last long given your previous form.

Cheers

Oh mate, tell u what, when that first one pulled the hook. I was ready to pack it in, sell the boat and go back to playing golf! Hahaha

1357598749[/url]' post='465768']

I can attest it is a "nice" kingy indeed. Thanks for the sushimi.. went down nicely :).

Solo and late start too! Well done!

Not a prob buddy, you know me, got no friends so solo trips are the way. :)

1357598988[/url]' post='465769']

They always taste better after a late start too!!!! It feels like cheating. Well played.

Yeah, it does, doesn't it. :).

1357599509[/url]' post='465773']

Mmmmmmm that looks awesome

How you going Luke? Been getting into them?

1357610130[/url]' post='465803']

Hey buddy,

Great to see you finally got a keeper. I've been out a few times over the last week but things have been very quiet.

I bought myself some xraps and trolled outside for nothing.

My furuno has been quite bear as well.

Did you find them in the bay??

Cheers Daniel

Hey Dan, been hearing that quite a lot lately, pretty unusual for the bay at this time of the year. Think the up and downs of the weather has to do with it.Go the Xraps!

1357623690[/url]' post='465849']

where abouts did you get the kingy and the squid mate if you dont mind me asking

Sending a PM

WOW - that is an awesome looking knife! Well done on the purchase !~

It is an awesome knife!! went through the kingie like butter. You been hitting the bay lately?

well done mate good to see your patiance and persistance paying off , very nice kingie :thumbup: , thinking of going out there tomorrow , any chance of letting me now what area you were in ?

cheers paul.

PM sent

It is an awesome knife!! went through the kingie like butter. You been hitting the bay lately?

Been heading offshore with fellow raider Fishbones in his 7m+ boat chasing marlin and dollies... Seen and hooked a few marlin, none landed yet. :ranting2:

Last time I fished the bay was about 2 weeks ago with aerogard Luke and my mate Pete for jewies.... They got donuts and I got a nice jew for the table. VICTOR to me again!

Might see you out there this weekend... Im taking a few noobs for their first kings (hopefully) :biggrin2:

Cheers

Trung