My First Kingfish!

flattiefisher27

Hi Raiders

Went out fishing this morning and we gathered some squid to go out and downrig throughout pittwater and the heads. Unfortunately when we got out past the heads with the squid the fish werent biting and i got sea sick :( Anyway we moved in a bit closer where it was a bit calmer and bam i was onto a good sized fish but i was still feeling a bit queazy and struggled to reel in this powerful fish. right from the beginning of the fight i knew it was a kingy. we netted it and it measured 65cm exactly right on the legal limit. But i threw him back to fight another day (after of course pictures were taken)

post-23750-0-26766500-1358229419_thumb.jpg

Edited by flattiefisher27

Good on you mate great to see that even though you where feeling sick you still managed to catch him .Ive taken mates out with me that just give up when there feeling sick.Maybe i should take you out with me so you can show me how to catch them ive had no luck this summer lol.

great work!

That's 1 more Kingy than I have caught. I'm always in the right place at the wrong time or the wrong place at the right time. Maybe this year.

Bummer about the sea sickness. There are things you can do to prevent it though. I find "travacalm" work well and only make me a little bit drowsy. Small price to pay really! Anything is better than seasickness, especially if the fish are on.

Looking forward to more reports.

Reeltired

great work!

That's 1 more Kingy than I have caught. I'm always in the right place at the wrong time or the wrong place at the right time. Maybe this year.

Bummer about the sea sickness. There are things you can do to prevent it though. I find "travacalm" work well and only make me a little bit drowsy. Small price to pay really! Anything is better than seasickness, especially if the fish are on.

Reeltired

that was the first time it happened so i didn't see it coming

great work!

Reeltired

I find that Kwells are also a good one the only side affect is you have a really dry mouth which means you drink heaps of water so you do not get dehydrated.