Hoodie from the Heads

spongy

Bait gathering was fairly easy today, with the trifecta of yakkas, slimeys and squid all before 6:30 this morning.

Right in the turn of the tide , we downrigged the slimey around South head and within 30minutes, the rod tip bounces, but isn't released from the DR bomb. Thought it was a tiny rat that couldnt manage to break the rubber band. A little disappointed, I took my time bringing up the bomb. Then slowly the rod tip bounce get bigger and biggger. I pick up the rod and strike to snap the band and that woke up the king. After a good 10 minute fight, we manage to gaff this bad boy. 110cm PB after a big dry spell for me (first keeper for this summer), so feeling a bit relieved.

Also managed to jig up 60cm rats all morning, in total about 9 kings for the day.

post-5874-0-49001200-1360210211_thumb.jpg

Well done champ tried all the usual haunts yesterday inside the harbour but not the heads with all the goodie baits even had some bloody bird stealing my slimies while trolling at dobroyed head so well done on your hoodie

Where do you guys catch the slimies. For the life in me I cant catch them let alone ever seen anyone catch one. I was out at balmoral land based few days ago. Plenty of yakka and nothing else.

Thats the king of kings and unfortunately looks like im gonna miss out this season. So sick of land based fishing. Why dont these fish swim abit closer!

Edited by SargeRX8

Where do you guys catch the slimies. For the life in me I cant catch them let alone ever seen anyone catch one. I was out at balmoral land based few days ago. Plenty of yakka and nothing else.

Thats the king of kings and unfortunately looks like im gonna miss out this season. So sick of land based fishing. Why dont these fish swim abit closer!

Centurion and Chinamans have been fairly reliable but slimey number are dwindling fast.

Well done mate. Thats a cracker. We were out on Wednesday and got belted twice. Consolation prize was a couple of massive bonnies, the biggest going 72 on 30cm slimies. congrats.

Where were the bonnies you picked up? I was looking for them as well.

Good work Jeff I'll give you a buzz on the weekend. A couple of the boys and myself are going out on Tuesday if your keen. I'm still yet to crack the meter mark. Alan

Alan, Im out this whole weekend but Tuesday sounds good. Let me know.

Awesome catch and motivation for the rest of us!

Can i ask what depth you were in and how deep you were DR' ing?

Thanks

I was in about 15m of water with the DR bomb around 10m down. Hope that helps.

Nice Hoodlum!

My first King this summer was a 110cm king back in November. Since then, i've had some absolute hidings from big kings! your fish didnt have a rig in its mouth did it? I might have to start engraving my hooks as my mates have been bagging me out at least i'll get my hooks back!