Esky live bait kit

Shed1

Hi People,

Not being very technical I may have bitten off more than I can chew so hoping someone can give me some pointers.

I got myself an esky live bait kit thinking no problems follow the instructions and bang it in an esky no problems. Big problem, no instruction sheet with it.

Has anyone set up one of these beasts before?

post-23017-136187292641_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest Aussie007

steve thats a basic recirculating system u place the pump below the water line preferably on the bottom of the esky u run the hose up above the water line and connect the white aerator to the other end of the hose this also needs to be above the water

Thanks Gazza, does make sense when I look at it. There is a smaller length of the plastic aerator tubing that doesn't seem to go anywhere but I'm guessing that's for smaller buckets/eskies. The pump just has clips to the battery I was thinking of cutting the cable and wiring cigarette male and female sockets inline so I can turn it off and on without messing around with the battery box lid all the time, should work I think.

The kit came from bias, about $40 plus clips and sockets for my on/off idea.

Think I've seen this one and a Johnson branded one on the Bcf web site around the same price. I'm betting the Johnson one has an instruction sheet :-) !

Steve

Edited by Shed1

. The pump just has clips to the battery I was thinking of cutting the cable and wiring cigarette male and female sockets inline so I can turn it off and on without messing around with the battery box lid all the time, HD

I fitted a socket to the battery lid so I can charge the battery without removing the lid.

The same fitting could be used to run your pump.

The plug & socket set available from Bias for about $10.

Geoff

post-731-0-38844500-1361928637_thumb.jpg

post-731-0-88473600-1361928659_thumb.jpg

Thanks Geoff, that's looks like the way to go. Cheers Steve Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't forget to fit an inline fuse. I would suggest between the battery terminal & the back of the socket. By having it there , then the circuit is always fused regardless what accessory you may choose to connect.

Geoff

Scratchie,

Sorry you must have missed my reply, I got mine at bias, $40.

Bcf also have this one and a similar Johnson branded one on their web site around the same price.

Cheers

Steve

Scratchie,Sorry you must have missed my reply, I got mine at bias, $40.Bcf also have this one and a similar Johnson branded one on their web site around the same price.CheersSteveSent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Geez u quick Steve! I actually deleted my message cos I did miss that info. Sorry! Thanks for that, it looks like just what I need!

Cheers scratchie!!!

No worries mate, let me know how you go with it. If you go to bias and are as technically challenged as me it might pay to chat to them about using it. This one is in a plain white box so its a bit hard to find. They have a number of smaller bubble wrapped kits for buckets that look similar. Their product code is 4923 for the kit.

Cheers

Steve

No worries mate, let me know how you go with it. If you go to bias and are as technically challenged as me it might pay to chat to them about using it. This one is in a plain white box so its a bit hard to find. They have a number of smaller bubble wrapped kits for buckets that look similar. Their product code is 4923 for the kit.CheersSteveSent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks champ! Will let you know! Nothing else to do, weather crap up here!

Cheers scratchie!!!