Pb Carp

Weasel

Guest Jocool

QUICK...HIDE IT BEFORE THE POMS SEE IT!!!! :ohyeh:

THAT would be good to tangle with on light gear! Do they fight hard Weasel? And what did you catch it on?

Year Ken there good firtilizer. I usually give them to my old man and he just digs them about a foot into his vegi patch.

Joe i took him on a murray worm, worms are the best carp bait, bread and then corn. :grogon: They do go fairly hard when they get big enough and on light gear. This one was cought on 4lb and it was just enough. This fella did about 4 good runs but it has to be a good fish to go like that. As far as fresh water fish go there good catching. BTW i was in Sydney a few weeks ago and saw CARP in a fish shop for $5.50 per kg what the f*!k. Ive tied to cook one up and they are rubbish. They are a big load of mud :bigfart: . I should start selling them to any dickhead dumb enough to pay $5.50 per kg. Most fish would average 2kg. :fisho:

Edited by Weasel

Guest Jocool

They DO sell them, but apparently they feed em bran or some such crap and put them in clean water for 48 hours before sending em to heaven!

Thats what I have heard anyway!

I had a mate whose missus was into growing roses & after him digging carp into the garden she starting winning prizes for her roses. At least they are good for something. I attempted to eat some carp once but even though my gut & taste buds have been said to have amazing tolerance for abuse I have to admit Carp was beyond my capacity :giveup:

Good catch there Weasel :D ...........talking bout carp, just caught a monster on thursday. Pick it up while cathing mullet at Hanna Park on the Nepean. Friend took a happy snap so will post asap. Round bout 4 n half kilo fish on 6lb braid with 6lb mono leader. :2gun:

• 2 weeks later...

Weasel well done mate on your new P.B, its always good to beat your last P.B.

Mate i saw a T.V show the other week which said that when carp are caught you sould throw them away and not reliese them , is that the case up your way?

Guest Jocool

That rule is in Victoria Snag! I dont what the legalities are here, but in Vic, if you throw it back in...dead or alive...your in strife! Rules say you must kill it and dispose of the remains...NEVER throw the carcass back in the water!

Guest Mike.L

Joe, they most certainly do apply in NSW and here is the link for the freshwater fishing guide

Page 39 has the info.

Cheers Mike

Note: link for both the fresh and saltwater posted in Government section, maybe one of you Mods could Sticky it there so we have a ready reference

Edited by Mike.L

• 1 year later...

hey mate big carp but dont get 2 proud of it once you have seen how bad they are in my home town. You see no native species in the creek that runs through the town. The creek used to be a great trot streem but now the carp have takin ova. Durng the drought the creek dried up into puddels me and couple of my mates used to walk the hole creek just killing them we would of got about 5000 carp over the whole 6 months.

Cheers cod king

Year Ken there good firtilizer. I usually give them to my old man and he just digs them about a foot into his vegi patch.

Joe i took him on a murray worm, worms are the best carp bait, bread and then corn. :grogon: They do go fairly hard when they get big enough and on light gear. This one was cought on 4lb and it was just enough. This fella did about 4 good runs but it has to be a good fish to go like that. As far as fresh water fish go there good catching. BTW i was in Sydney a few weeks ago and saw CARP in a fish shop for $5.50 per kg what the f*!k. Ive tied to cook one up and they are rubbish. They are a big load of mud :bigfart: . I should start selling them to any dickhead dumb enough to pay $5.50 per kg. Most fish would average 2kg. :fisho:

1. I totally agree about the worms/bread/corn order.

2. They do go well on 4lb - my PB was caught on 4lb too. :thumbup:

3. My mate cooked one up for me on a camping/fishing trip in Kangaroo Valley. Tasted good! :1yikes: - Just overpower it with soy, lemon and onion (from memory).

Flattieman.

• 7 months later...

They will eat anything from the sea out at Cabramatta. thats no offence to our oseas visitors but they live their life a bit different. i saw Yellowtail, slimey mackeral stingrays, and all sorts of S$#T out there. I would eat a carp before i ate a smelly mullet.

davo