Turon ?

Bald one

I have heards very little from there there were some fish kills due to the extreme temps prior to the big floods but I have been told a few of the big bows survived in the deeper pools in the Crudine ans around Sofala up towards the gates, there have been a few natives taken as well hopefully the floods blew a lot of the carp downstream.

Will keep you posted if I here anything.

Been wondering the same thing. Hey L-A also heard of some extreme heat kills. Hope there are survivors, as on last trip before Christmas got my PB bow of 53cms on the T (woops forgot to do a report, better do one when I get home!). Water was already very low back then but hope that last flush of a few weeks ago has helped. At least no sign of cormorants back then.

All reports point to the Coxes as the river that is firing this year, its had the best flows the Fish stopped flowing at OConnell in January and the Turon was a trickle, the Coxes has received some big flsushes since Feb as have all the central western streams? Problem is they are marginal trout habitat and hence any hot weather leads to kills particuarly bow's the brownies ar e smarter and head for deep water and expend less energy so tend to survive. As I said guys look for the deep water. PM me if you need directions.

• 3 weeks later...

Fished the Turon out of Hillend on Tuesday, was only a day trip, ended up with 2 yellow bellys around the 1-2 kilo mark. Fished out of canoe, not really deep about 1/2 m to 1mt in places plus a few deep holes. Overall a good day out. Left 6am got home to Blacktown at around 830pm. cheers Ron.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great part of the world we try to get up there a least 3 times a year camping ,last 2 trips were in Oct/Nov 2012 not long after the floods went through check out the footage i took of the Turon and Macquarie rivers junction and the difference in the water colour , this is why we prefer to camp on the Turon due to the fact it's always cleaner , on the Nov trip i did drop a line for 20 mins trying to entice a nice 60cm cod that was sunbaking over a patch of sand but he wasn't interested, it was the 1st time i had ever seen one of these fish in this system and just made me want to go back next time and get one to add to my list.