Jewwies on the George's

A.dawg

Hi raiders on the 26 march did my first jewwie Sesh with fellow raider Paul on the yaks. Been chasing pelagics and kings with nothing but rats so thought we'd try our luck on the Jews again.

Pretty quite night I managed a 38cm bream whilst Paul lost 4 squid from having the drag too tight but managed one.

27th march second Jew trip of the year

Paul ventured out to the spot first.

I joined him shortly after after I finished work 10:30pm.

Paul managed 1 squid which we stripped up my first castes landed me a 53cm flathead nice and fat.

Paul had work the next morning so he left 11:30 and I left him with the flatty for dinner.

Hours passed unable to catch another squid or livie.

1:30am landed myself 3 yakkas then went quite so off to my honey hole to wait for a Jew or 2.

Anchored up and castes the yakkas out on two rods.

2:30 hits and I get my first run he drops the bait now waiting for second run for a strike.

10 seconds past and he goes I strike lost him, put the rod down and he comes again.zzzzzzzzz . I strike again lost him again thinking to myself WTF. Place the rod down 20 seconds past he come again this time I finally sink the hooks and up comes an 81cm fish.

Now 3:30 and I've been sitting up anchored the last hour using only dead baits so I pull the anchor in search of more livies.

It was another hour and a half till I land the one and only yakka.

Was getting tired so I thought I'll just give it one last shot if nothing I scoot.

Anchor up cast out not even a minute and zzzzzzz this time I hook up solid immediately .

Good 3-4 minute tussle and boated the second Jew going 83 cm.

No more livies so decided to call it a night.

tyjezaza.jpgyjevarym.jpg

Just a quick question has that happened to anyone before where the Jew comes back even after striking 2 times? And all within 20 seconds?

Tight lines and happy Easter

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey buddy Great catch, were the hell do you get squid, yakkas and Jews all in the same region on the George's.... Please tell I have a tinny and want some where calm to pick up squid locally?

Thanks

:nono: Lost 3 and managed one for the table lol. Bit of trial and error at the spot with strong current, tight drag and a bit of impatience playing their part for the lost squid but at least we know they're there and which colours and weights work :)

I'm going for Jewies straight up next time. :banana:

Couple of good fish there.

A few times I have had jewies return for another hit at the bait when I have not hooked up first time. Sometimes I pull the line a short distance to move the bait and the jewie will return.

If the hook pulls out, and you can usually feel the difference between hooking a fish and the fish just hanging onto a bait, a jewie will not return for a second hit. It will swim off and quite often take away the rest of the jewies with it.