Pirtek late report

funnierthanu

Headed down to the bay on sunday with the youngest, my best mate and his daughter . We were to fish till 11am then the wife was bringing lunch and the eldest to fish in the arvo.

We started in the shallows at kurnell and the young fellow gets a 36 cm whiting in the first 10 minutes . Looking good i say to the mate as he YELLS GET THE NET GET THE NET .Gone , he lifts the head of a good flathead and he bites him off .Over the next hour we get around 15 bream but all around the 27 cm mark , too small. Next the mates daughter finally has a fish on and it looks ok , she plays it and it keeps taking line .Finally it comes into the boat , a good size Tarwhine of 31 cm , try tell a 9yr old that its not a bream .

We move around the bay for the next 2 hrs to only get more small bream until the tide starts flowing again. My mate snaps off a good bream again at the net , around the 38cm mark, hes having a bad day , mean while i finally get a good flattie 45 cm , that will do me for now .Matey gets a 28cm bream and his daughter a 27cm , so we are all on the board and off to brighton beach for lunch and a swim.

After lunch we head out about 100 metres off the beach to start fishing again , the mates gone home and its just the wife and eldest need a fish . BANG within 5 minutes the eldest is on and the wife nets a 40cm whiting , now i dont have to fish no more dad are the first words to come out of his mouth . ( i have just spent the last 5 hrs trying to catch 1 ). Get the net the young fellow screams as his has casted in the same spot and hooked another whiting 36cm again . Far out , all i want is a whiting for the sacret prize and i cant get one .Fishing 4 people in 1 boat is madness and i cant keep an eye on my rod as it screams off , its a whiting , good runs and up with the best elbow slappers i caught .Gone , the mate has rubbed off on me i say to my self as i cast in again .Stuff me now the wife wants the net and i net her a good bream 34cm. Were finished she says , we all have a fish , lets go dad as she starts the boat . Wait i still have a line in the water i tell her as it screams off again . Another good fish is played and lost so i call it quits giving up on the big whiting .

Hope everyone had a good day , cant wait till next year .

P.S

It was good to see you Tony , at least you got a whiting .

post-9468-0-87782800-1364459304_thumb.jpg

Just checked out the winners and Travis got biggest Whiting for a junior , looks like he is getting a new scooter and im going to BCF , hope other raiders did well.

Hey Funny,

Nice to catch up with you, your missus and the kids.

Wyatt's radio conversation with me was a crackup.

I particularly loved his suggestion that I should enter my 40cm fish into the KID'S section of the comp !

I just told him that the kids section is the professional area and I'm not up to that standard yet....

Congrats on the prize - again - I'll win it someday - I just have to pass as an overgrown 10 year old....

Tony

Hey Funny,

Nice to catch up with you, your missus and the kids.

Wyatt's radio conversation with me was a crackup.

I particularly loved his suggestion that I should enter my 40cm fish into the KID'S section of the comp !

I just told him that the kids section is the professional area and I'm not up to that standard yet....

Congrats on the prize - again - I'll win it someday - I just have to pass as an overgrown 10 year old....

Tony

Tony

It was good to have some banter on the radio , there is even more here atm as Wyatt is still getting it from Trav , luckly the rooster beat the eels and now he is giving it back . We will be there again next year , did you get any more after i left ?

Tony

It was good to have some banter on the radio , there is even more here atm as Wyatt is still getting it from Trav , luckly the rooster beat the eels and now he is giving it back . We will be there again next year , did you get any more after i left ?

Mate I got heaps.....14 jetski fish, 3 cruisers, 2 kayaks and almost a swimmer (not a blue swimmer, a hairy swimmer)

I could see a large predatory waterways fish chasing the jetski fish....

It was mayhem but I do understand that it was chiefly a beach area and it was their time to go crazy so I kept my expletives to myself.

I'm not a grumpy old man just yet...

No matter, I caught enough to keep the relos happy, but my 40cm whiting was too small - I knew I would have whiting envy but I HAD to have a shot at the title...

Next year I'll have TWO whiting kings to compete against - both Travis AND Wyatt.

I might have to unleash my secret weapon - my 5 year old daughter-come-deckhand-come-fisho - pink rod, reel and I might have to replace the mono with pink braid.

Getting a pink sinker might be tough though but a pink hook - well I'll just lie to her and say red is a shade of pink...and hope she doesn't walk out on me based on that little deception.

The boys will have some SERIOUS competition next year from her - because I certainly can't compete agianst them myself...

Watch out boys, Trinity is coming........ :074:

Tony

Edited by Keflapod