Easter Saturday 30th 1-1-0

Yarraone

Well I made the long trip down from Bathurst in the early hours of the morning to arrive at Rose Bay at about 5am.

So we set the boat up and met a fellow raider at the ramp and had a bit of a yarn before we launched. :clapping:

We headed over to Balmoral to try and get some live's without any luck. So we got ready to head out through the heads. The sun was starting to get ready to break and was looking like a great day for it. As we headed out through the heads, :sun: we dropped our spread and started to troll due East toward the sun hiding under the horizon. I was trying out my new scent blazer skirts. There were a few birds flying around on the way out so we gave them a watchful eye as well.

When we got about 4 mile out we headed south. the plan was to head south and then loop back in along the rocks and work our way back to south head, changing lures on the way along the rocks. we had been heading south for about half an hour and stopped to have a break and make some brekkie while we dropped some bait. After brekkie we started off again with the trolling. It wasn't long before we herd that sound..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz It was screaming, and we tried everything.. It took our smallest lure and rod. It did show us what it was all about.. it was a little Black marlin.. at a guess about 60 to 70 kg mark. we got some line back and then it was off again.. This time we couldn't stop it and we were spooled. :ranting2:

The wind was starting to pick up and was getting a little ruff by now so we headed back along the rocks and into the harbour. we had a go around sow & pigs. It was then that we noticed we had lost a rod somewhere.. It was my little graphite SP rod..$380 worth GONE :ranting2:

anyway we kept trying until just after lunch then headed back to the ramp as it was getting worse now with the wind as it picked up. We headed home and made it safe back home for dinner about 6pm. Overall had a great day apart from the 2 losses..

That would have got your adrenalin pumping. Too bad it took the smallest rod.

Old Murphy's law struck again Large fish small rod.

I'd like to find old Murphy and tell him what I think of his law! ;)

Better luck for next time.

J

Hey shaun was nice meetting u ...we went over to clifton gardens got 4 small squid and 1 yellow tail it was too dark to go looking as 1st time in harbour daylight we headed to rocks off north head and achored and burled up for 2 bust offs then winds picked up went to manly for some breakkie and cruised and trolled around the edge back to drums at chowder bay for 1 68cm salmon and 1 55cm bonnie we were disappointed also but had a fun day STUPID WINDS...LOL

Edited by justlookingnow

Hey shaun was nice meetting u ...we went over to clifton gardens got 4 small squid and 1 yellow tail it was too dark to go looking as 1st time in harbour daylight we headed to rocks off north head and achored and burled up for 2 bust offs then winds picked up went to manly for some breakkie and cruised and trolled around the edge back to drums at chowder bay for 1 68cm salmon and 1 55cm bonnie we were disappointed also but had a fun day STUPID WINDS...LOL

BTW called u 100 times on the raider channel 86 but couldn't contact you ?

BTW called u 100 times on the raider channel 86 but couldn't contact you ?

yeah mate i put a call in for you a couple of times.. however sometimes i was on 16 while I was outside.. no worries maybe next time..i will add you as a friend mate. Maybe you can show me around Botany next time

yeah mate i put a call in for you a couple of times.. however sometimes i was on 16 while I was outside.. no worries maybe next time..i will add you as a friend mate. Maybe you can show me around Botany next time

Any time mate ill show u the ropes around the bay