breamie

Good afternoon guys,

My Brother and I were out on the Hawkesbury the other week and decided to go for a drive up Cowan Creek and we were very impressed!! so peaceful and calm up there. We have never ventured up there before but WOW! the place was looking so good we thought we would give it a crack this Friday. As this is our first time fishing up the creek I was just wondering if anyone knew of any hot spots at the Moment? or any deep holes around the place? also my other question is are you allowed to moor your boat at those buoys scatted all over the place in the bays etc? just looking at a safe place to moor for the night and wasn't sure if we were allowed to use them or not?

Any help would be ever appreciative!

Thanks Guys!!!

Edited by breamie

Yeah mate you can use the yellow buoys. They are public buoys but u can only Moore there for 24hrs. Waratah bay would be a great place for a first timer there. Try and get the buoy closest to the channel.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey scratchie what are your thought on Jerusalem bay at night? And suggestions?

mate, right down towards the end of the bay the sea bed rises and at a king low, the weed beds are exposed. there's a nice drop off there to soak a bait in while you flick around the place for a squid or two

Hey scratchie what are your thought on Jerusalem bay at night? And suggestions?

I have settled there for the night before with not too much success. Where as waratah bay has a nice deep drop off out the front of it and at night your w chance of a Jew or hairtail. Caught a heap of trevs there before too! Also search this site for previous advise. Good luck!

Cheers scratchie!!!