lizard123

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck around fig tree bridge with jewfish or big flathead. Does anyone know any good spots or strategies. What would be the best methods that I could use to catch these sort of fish around the fig tree area. I am usually land based and have had luck on prawns catching good size bream and small flathead around the 40cm mark.

• 8 months later...

hey mate, iv fished the area a lot in the last year. havent had much more luck than what you seem to have had. i wouldnt say there would be jewfish around there though, imo it isnt deep enough for them, flathead though i can definitely say are there in a vengence, that being said though i have had nights going empty handed from that spot. hope this helps!

Hey mate fig tree bridge over the years has died off IMO . U still get flathead bream whiting but are all small . I doubt there will be Jews as it's quiet shallow, try Greenwich wharf or under glades bridge there's big holes out the front of each of them, my wife caught a 9kg Jew off Greenwich wharf , I'm still yet to catch one -spewin !!! Hahahaha I use to walk onto the little sand island that comes up at low tide and flick lures and use prawns too and good results again was a while back though . If your in a boat go further up (head towards woolwich high school ) and drift on the wrong side of the channel markers I caught countless flattys here from the smaller 25cm throw backs to as big as 60cm . Hope that helps .... Oh or try Clark's point as it sounds like your local to area