Make your own Sinking Stickbait - from a Paintbrush Handle! DIY

arpie

Could be the 'easy' way to make your first lure?
I was thinking he meant a 'regular' paint brush (as in oil paint/watercolour paint brush) ...... could be a 'goer' as well for smaller lures - just add a bib as well!?
Give it a go if you can find some really cheap ones!
Roberta
Check out his other 'how to videos' as well!! Smart Boy!!
and his website with the plans!
Edited by Roberta

Hi Obey1

I use a rotisserie motor for curing the epoxy on repaired rods & it is about that slow as his does. It is a D battery one (that I rigged up to a 240v transformer/phone charger or similar!) so it works all day & night now, if I need it!

....if I get the paint brushes out the misses will expect me paint something?..... Buy a saw as well & Cut 'em up quick before you get home! :D

....Question is do they actually work!.... Looks good enough to me - and check out his other projects as well - he does divers & others too.

....This is what fishermen do in Europe in the winter time because it is too damn cold to step outside....... After last night, I reckon there'll be a few Aussies giving it a go too! I had my leccie blanket on up here!! :074:

Good looking lures,

but they take so long to make I think I will spend the money and keep buying lures and with the time I save I can go fishing.

But it would give you great satisfaction to actually catch on them though.

I was thinking that would be some thing I would

like to have a go at as well

But by the end of it. I too thought it would take

to long to make and it does not cost that much to buy any way

But really enjoyed watching the video

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hi raiders,

If it is an art of making lure I have nothing to say. I am not sure if this one works. if it works it will be very painfull to loose it (26 Hrs works) what a master piece. For me, i prefer spend $15 to buy a lure that warranty work and save me 26 hrs of hard labour.

Cheers