Hawkesbury Intro

harold

Has anyone given thought to the possibility of running a sort of "Introduction to the Hawkesbury" fishing day? Maybe some of the more experienced fishos could take (say) 4 boats each on a given day and lead some of us triers around to some of the non-secret locations and explain the methodology they use to be successful. If we went to (say) 3 locations over a 5 hour period we could then meet up for a quiet beer or meal and we would all be just a little bit wiser.

Harold

I recently bought a video about fishing the Hawkesbury, can't remember the name of it but is it was done by Brian Schumacher(never heard of him before). He mainly covered the area from Spencer to Flint and Steel fishing for bream/flathead. It showed around 10 spots with a few in alot of detail. I find videos/DVDs are great for finding new spots/techniques but you can't go past the actual experience of being out there.

I'm still a novice on the Hawkesbury and any opportunity to find some decent spots/fish would be appreciated.

I hired that video from my local tackle store a while back. Certainly gives a person a helping hand a far as fishing spots go and also some tidal knowledge from memory.

Nothing better than seeing a bloke in a boat chasing bream on a 9ft rod matched with an Alvey. :thumbup:

Well worth the viewing if you can get hold of it.

cheers

Hooky

Guest Sea Jay

This sounds like a great idea this is the first time i have used this forum and i am looking to take my fishing alot more serious and this would be a good start.

Any ideas of dates and info

Guest MarkD
This sounds like a great idea this is the first time i have used this forum and i am looking to take my fishing alot more serious and this would be a good start.

Any ideas of dates and info

60773[/snapback]

Welcome to the site Sea Jay :1welcomeani:

I'm in Harold sounds like a great idea

Guest Sea Jay

Thanks mark

i am looking to gain all the knowledge i can, i have just bought a new boat and i

want to start catching some real fish not ones that my goldfish would put to shame.

Was thinking of heading out down around juno's in a couple of weekends, wat do you think?

Or is there a better place you can recommend me to start at

Guest Sea Jay
Im definatly up for it. sounds like a great idea.... :1prop:

and  :1welcomeani:  to the site

60778[/snapback]

Cheers!

This is really a top site i only stumbled on to it yesterday and i think that i have learnt more in the last 24 hours than i have the whle time i have been fishing.

Guest MarkD
Thanks mark

i am looking to gain all the knowledge i can, i have just bought a new boat and i

want to start catching some real fish not ones that my goldfish would put to shame.

Was thinking of heading out down around juno's in a couple of weekends, wat do you think?

Or is there a better place you can recommend me to start at

60777[/snapback]

I'm more familiar with Sydney Harbour, however there are plenty of Hawkesbury regulars on the site who can help you out. Also check out our upcoming social day under "Fishraider Social Events"

Guest Sea Jay
I'm more familiar with Sydney Harbour, however there are plenty of Hawkesbury regulars on the site who can help you out. Also check out our upcoming social day under "Fishraider Social Events"

60782[/snapback]

Thanks. I will definatly do that.

Edited by Sea Jay

Guest bluecod
Cheers!

This is really a top site i only stumbled on to it yesterday and i think that i have learnt more in the last 24 hours than i have the whle time i have been fishing.

60780[/snapback]

Sea Jay,

If you want an information explosion, at least be at the social part of the Sambo day - Clontarf Park at 12.00 midday 7 August. Throw you boat in at Tunks Park a bit earlier, have a fish and join up with us at the social.

BTW don't forget your red flag. :074::074:

well. if there are a few in agreement on the idea, lets identify the highly experienced fishermen who are prepared to support the idea. Once that is done all we need is to identify a date that works (subject to weather) and lets do it. So who amongst us is in the "leader" category?

Harold

I have to agree with Pedro on that one...

The articles page at the front of this site is brilliant, I have read all the articles at least twice and I continually refer back to them on quite a regular basis...

As for your idea Harold, it sounds good and I'm definitely up for it...

Good luck on the Salmon Day everyone :biggrin2: I'll keep my fingers crossed that there are plenty of schools around & they are not too fussy.

Have a great day & don't forget the camera - as I do :biggrin2:

Guest Sea Jay
If all else fails I would recommend you do a few drifts anywhere between Juno and Lion Island with a combination of fresh or frozen baits and maybe a soft plastic or two. It would be most unlikely that you would go home with an empty esky.

60829[/snapback]

Telcobroker,

If you could tell me some drifs in those areas it would be greatly appriciated.

• 1 month later...