Port Hacking 17 May 2013

dwan8337

Conditions weren't great 25km winds, usually calm waters of the hacking looked like the open ocean. Me and two mates launched from swallow rock with only 2 other trailers parked. Motored to a relatively sheltered spot and started berleying for yakkas and pillies. Adrian brought his blow up kiddy pool in an attempt to keep the pilchards alive as their scales just come off so easily and die. Managed a fair few bite size yakkas and pilchards and down they went on the jig sticks paired up to the Stella 5000s. There's got to be some smoking kings in this system as one got reefed after the other on i'd say about 6/6.5kg drag settings. We lost count of the hookups but these were a couple of the kings we landed all about similar size. Ones that smoked us i'm calling 90cm-ish. The buoys and the anchor ropes all around you does not help the cause. After the kingy action died a watsons bonito lept onto one of the remaining livies and the rest of the time we spent berleying and cubing for trevs.

post-17226-0-62176700-1368775201_thumb.jpg

post-17226-0-25751800-1368775209_thumb.jpg

post-17226-0-41775400-1368775218_thumb.jpg

post-17226-0-88022100-1368775254_thumb.jpg

post-17226-0-52308100-1368775266_thumb.jpg

Don't work Friday's huh? Well done, once again! Did you down rig the livies or did you send them down with sinkers? Maybe you should start your own charter business.

Skimped a day off uni :P and my mate got given a day off work because he was working so hard...

I think we just having a good run recently haha.

I have a downrigger but it puts too much pressure on the plastic since the polycraft is polyurethane. Just a good berley trail and a round ball sinker drop to bottom and a couple winds up. Similar to what the botany charter guy does with his livies. Forgot his name but its on YouTube "the fish and the cook"

This is the second post I've read from you boys and was wondering where you launch the boat from? Because next time you go out there's going to be a Haines hunter following you everywhere!

Well done fellas!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey boys great work where the hell in the hacking did you pick them up, have been trying for them for while no luck using lives any tips on location!

Around Gymea bay and Lilli Pilli just sound out the baitfish and keep them there with your berley. The predators won't be far behind

This is the second post I've read from you boys and was wondering where you launch the boat from? Because next time you go out there's going to be a Haines hunter following you everywhere!

Well done fellas!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha we don't mind. We can hook up and just keep the fish in the water whilst the other boat hooks up :clapping: If we do middle harbour we launch from tunks. Port hacking we launch from Swallow rock reserve.