Nice season start

JaniFIN

Hi all.

Yeastarday evening, after Finland lose Ice Hockey World Champion Bronze game :mad3: , i did leave relaxing my nervouse on fishing pier.

It was season start this summer, little late start, water start be over 7c degrees. Any way, i start casting softPlastics to stream, 3 cast tos stream side, and 4th cast to lake side give hit. Short fight, and zander was on my net :1fishing1: .

Lure was my trusty motoroil green 2.5" fish softplastic. After that i get one hit 4" white fish softplastic. But funny thing was, that i complete forget how connect braid and monofil line? I have done that knot hundreds time, but yestarday i did not remember, i did try several times, but no.. I Check today from net that Uni/uni knot, and i did try complete wrong yestarday :blush: ..maby i have early dementia?

post-2019-0-22377400-1369042423_thumb.jpg

Nice looking fish, Jani! Well done! Shame about forgetting the knot - did you lose any fish?

Hey! We all forget stuff ...... I do it all the time! :074:

SO Sorry to hear that Finland lost the Bronze! :mellow: Better luck next year!!

cheerio

Roberta

Its a Zander apparently - think they are a freshwater species not sure (Jani?)

Cheers Blood Knot

Yep. It is Zander, and live fresh water. This spring came new Finland record zander, 14.095kg, by trolling. So it can grove quite big. It is perch family fish. Wery good when fried on pann.

Maby Stewy get new Australian zander record on autum here :sun:

Hey JaniFIN,

The water is 7 degrees in finland in summer ?

That is c-c-c-cold !

Don't worry about forgetting the fishing knot.

I would worry if I fell in the river and forgot how to swim !

Maybe if you forgot how to tie your shoe laces, you would fall over and maybe fall in the water.... :074:

Just joking. I'm sure you will remember next time.

If Stewie and his lovely wife will come to visit you, just remember one thing.

Ask them who is the better fisherperson.

Be prepared for a nice little debate !

Very nice fish JaniFIN.

Does the Zander taste good ? How do you cook it ?

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Hey JaniFIN,

That is c-c-c-cold !

Don't worry about forgetting the fishing knot.

I would worry if I fell in the river and forgot how to swim !

Maybe if you forgot how to tie your shoe laces, you would fall over and maybe fall in the water.... :074:

Just joking. I'm sure you will remember next time.

If Stewie and his lovely wife will come to visit you, just remember one thing.

Ask them who is the better fisherperson.

Be prepared for a nice little debate !

Very nice fish JaniFIN.

Does the Zander taste good ? How do you cook it ?

Tony

very nice post Keflapod - I will put you on the "never to be banned" list :biggrinthumb:

Mate you don't want Zander getting in here,they are a bastard fish....eat anything and everything.From memory they got into the rivers and streams in the UK from dumped fish in the sewer system and just took over some waterways,they would even take on and kill the local Pike.

Hey JaniFIN,

That is c-c-c-cold !

hDoes the Zander taste good ? How do you cook it ?

Tony

No no no. Now is Spring, summer water is +17 between +25 maximum, normal summer about +20c. Zander taste good, really less bones and easy eat. Butter to pann and fried. Other thing is use to soup.

Mate you don't want Zander getting in here,they are a bastard fish....eat anything and everything.From memory they got into the rivers and streams in the UK from dumped fish in the sewer system and just took over some waterways,they would even take on and kill the local Pike.

I think that this is not same zander that UK. This allso eat lot of small fishes, but not pikes or perchs usually. Problem is, that energy companys planting zander too much last 10 years. Because they have planting fishs if they make dams, and early they choice planting zander for some reason. Now is new rules, and they have to planting more trouts.

BTW, i was fishing today allso, by boat. Only short session, but i get one Perch, several hits, and one european GRAYLING. I havent ever get grayling there before, it was under ages, and i did send it back to home. Edited by JaniFIN

Well done Jani! love seeing fish different to our Aussie usuals. I will be heading over to sweden and denmark in just under a month and taking some gear over, any tips on the Zander or if you know of any on the Pike?

very nice post Keflapod - I will put you on the "never to be banned" list :biggrinthumb:

Mrs Swordie,

An old manager of mine once told me "Tony, you only ever open your mouth to change feet"...

And he was right. I'll probably demote myself from the 'never-to-be-banned-list' just as quickly as the promotion...

...but thanks for the promotion...

Tony

I will be heading over to sweden and denmark in just under a month and taking some gear over, any tips on the Zander or if you know of any on the Pike?

Hi.

Denmark i dont know, but in Sweden have MONSTER pikes.

Zander lures: 2.5" - 4" softplastic fishs, 3"-6" softplastic worms. Or for trolling 5-15cm lures. Daytime have been deeb diving lures.

Pike lures: 10cm-40cm (or bigger) Softtplastic fishs or worms. Bigger that 15cm jerkbait. For trolling bigger that 15cm lures. Pike eat anything, like 5kg pike can eat 2kg or bigger other pike.

Hi.

Denmark i dont know, but in Sweden have MONSTER pikes.

Zander lures: 2.5" - 4" softplastic fishs, 3"-6" softplastic worms. Or for trolling 5-15cm lures. Daytime have been deeb diving lures.

Pike lures: 10cm-40cm (or bigger) Softtplastic fishs or worms. Bigger that 15cm jerkbait. For trolling bigger that 15cm lures. Pike eat anything, like 5kg pike can eat 2kg or bigger other pike.

Thanks for that info jani I will keep that in mind when packing lures!