New PB Zander

JaniFIN

Hi there again.

I was last 4 days on cabin. Fishing quite lot, with net´s and softplastics. Weather was great, but fish did´t move or bite?? We get only 2 small fishs by nets in 4 days and i get only 2 small perch by softplastics. ??

Today was hottiest day this summer, +27´c on shadow, and forecast promise warmer next 3-4 days. I though after work, that today i go fishing in evenening, even i not get anything, couple of hours on lake/river is nice way spend time and wet line same time.

Again it start slowly, 3 spot, not even bite. 4th spot get 2 small perch and 1 small pike. 5th, 6th and 7th spot not any live. Alltime i try find perch´s. Then i though that i try zander also. Drive boat my "trustly" spot, 3th cast and fish on. I thought and hope, "be perch, be perch, be perch", because fish did not feel heavy for zander, but feel heavy if it is perch. So, i wide in and fish start pulling back to bottom, then i did know thay it i zander, its not shaking head. Wide in more and fish start feel more heavy. Then i saw brass side, and quite good size side. Fish made last pull, i wide in and get it in net.

Fish size: 52cm and 1.3kg

Oh, i was happy :sun: , 4 days fishing almoste with out any fish´s, lose lot of softplastic´s on bottom and finally 5th eveneing get nice size zander on beautiful sunset. Time going fast, i did leave to fishing 8.00pm and end fishing 11pm, feel i was there only 1 hour.

Jani

post-2019-0-28982900-1372107810_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-79313000-1372107826_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-69604400-1372107840_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-39358700-1372107866_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the PB jani. The photos of the area you are fishing looks like a great waterway! How far do you have to travel after work to get there?

Cheers scratchie!!!

Waterway is quite big, i live 400km from sea, but last summer i saw big ship from Filipines. Views is not so good, other side bridge is pulp factory :puke: .

I have 1 km to boat, and about 1km to 2 km boat trip to fishing spots. I have move here just year 2009 and get boat last year, dont know yet many fishing spots or other lakes. I try find some new spots before Stewy and Donna come. But it is small problem.....i have not sonar or plotter.

And Stewy, don worry, i fishing only small zanders, i let over 2kg´s to you :sun: ...maby.