Leather Jackets ?

Mick54

Hi Raiders

I have fished south of Port Hacking as far as the Humps over the last three weeks and can't find any spots that the jackets have not taken over. Any further than 30m from shore and you can't get a rig down without loosing all your gear. Are they the same north of Botany Bay, The Peak, Coogee ect. ? Can anyone advise as I hope to get out Friday but won't waste my time if they are about.

I fished out of Sydney harbour south along the cliffs today and looked for flatties all the way out to the 180ft line. There were jackets everywhere i stopped. really frustrating...

I found they would hear the boat engine, but all stealth attempts failed. i moved around alot!

Maybe fish in close under the cliffs in the washes for kings and sambos at the moment.

i got sick of loosing tackle aswell.

Hi guys

Answered my own question. Went out this afternoon and fished several spots from Botany heads north to Coogee. Same thing, jackets everywhere if more than 50m from shore. Managed one 7cm snapper, that's right 7cm on 5/0 hook and lost heaps of gear again. Have never seen so many Jackets before. Might head north next week.

Headed out Friday morning, for a stack of jackets. Not big at all, under 30cm, but kept 20 for a feed as better than nothing.

The little bastards swam off the bottom and were sitting about 15 feet under the boat, just like a plague, hundreds of them.

Tried trolling Jibbon Point and Shark Island before sun-up for a tailor, but not a touch.