Pike session with learner

JaniFIN

Hi again. Have been little quiet, i have get couple zanders and lose lot of softplastics ????

Anyway i did "adopt learner", one nice guy from Germany (hi Robert if you sign in forum). We went last summer first time fishing softplastics, and he get couple nice perchs and one lahna (eng: Carp bream, lat:sparulus). For that hi get interested. This spring i help him buy right kind softplastisc full set, rod, reel, line ext.

So couple of days ago we tuck my boat and drive to lake. First cast´s "learner get couple of bites, but not hooked. I cast same place and get 1.7kg pike. No more any bites, so we chance place to thetre where grow "lake grass", about 2m deep water. Water was really "quiet" not any wind. Robert cast firts cast to over grass. I sayd that " Give a quick pull", hi did that and lure jump back to open water. Right after that rod bend and wi tought that lure it stuck on bottom, but then reel brake start "singing". Fish on i sayd, take it easy.. Brake was little too loose, but it was good thing becouse we not use steel line and pike have sharp theeth. So fish fighting good and try swim roud of anchor rope, but Robert fighting better, really calmly and not any hurry. Really good performance that experience. Then we get fish in net and in boat. It was pike, 3.2kg, nice fish. And Robert first "no Trolling" fish with own fishing set, also it was his biggest fish ever with rod.

So, some pictures and we continue fishing, get some 100-200g perchs and chence plase other side that water grass, only 25m. We get from there some perch´s allso, and agin Robert rod bend and something bigger on, nice but shorter fight again, fish on net and in boat. Pike, 2.8kg :). I was really happy for Robert, his firs fishing trip with own fishing stuff and 2 nice size fish. We allso try fishing zanders later, but only luse lures, i get one bait. Totally we get 7.7kg pikes and some perchs, lot of file.

. This is some pictures and this time you can see pulp factory allso.

Jani

post-2019-0-03459000-1374226372_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-05937500-1374226398_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-35158700-1374226468_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-11951400-1374226497_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-28437600-1374226536_thumb.jpg

post-2019-0-84970300-1374226576_thumb.jpg

Many peoples not like pike, skin is reeaaallyy slimey, and have lot of bones. But when fileing boneles, pan fried pike is it good. Allso when make minsmeat(?) you can make one kind meatballs or steaks, and put there 15-30% smoked salmon, then fried with butter, that is allso good.

My faforite freshwater fish by eat, it is small "herring kind" fish, but faforit fish for fishing is maby trout, or perch, or grayling, or pike........i dont know :)

Jani,

That's a great fishing session. You've converted another angler to the exciting world of soft plastic fishing. Those are some amazing fish for a first timer!