Jewfish in the hawkesbury report

brecko90

Hey everyone, i was flicking through the paper the other day (Monday it was) and saw the fishing report in the weather section. it read "13 to 23kg jewfish are being caught on patonga squid at Juno point in the hawkesbury".

So i was just wondering if anyone had heard if this may be true and if that source in credible? regardless ill be heading up there on Friday morning and might give it a crack unless i see the salmon and mac tuna bust ups again. :sun:

Tight Lines everybody

Which paper?

I'd be taking it with a grain of salt. The tele used to poach reports from another forum for their daily reports. They were often a month old. I reckon this is often the case with newspaper reports.

Yes, the same bloke once wrote that Morwong to 12kg's

were hitting jetheads trolled near the peak!! :1onono:

Cheers,

Grant.

That's gold!!!

And fishanatic, I'll be around the same area Friday, so come say hi!!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

What type of boat do u have scratchie?? Me and my brother will be hitting palm beach, the piller box and patonga beach for bait then heading to Juno. We will be cruising round in a 5.2m white in green savage. Give us a wave.

I had a mate a few years ago used to own a tackle shop. He told me the paper used to ring him for reports and he told them duck creek was fishing well and they wrote it. So not always correct but sometimes it's credible.