Helping others.

Fab1

You guessed it,

On my way to work today I came across a motorist with a collapsed wheel bearing on his box trailer.

After seeing everyone abuse him and driving by I couldn't leave the poor bugger there,so I pulled over and asked him if he needed a hand.

He told me that he'd been there for a while with all that drove by cursing him and asked if I'd be kind enough to take a look to see if I could help as he doesn't have a mechanical bone in his little finger.

I said sure,and after a quick inspection noting that what little grease that was left on the hub/spindle looked more like tar than grease and the bearings a beautiful shade of blue I knew that he needed some new bearings.

So as I was a whole 5 min from home of to the shop (home) i went to get a pre packed bearing/ hub assembly to install on his trailer.

I honestly thought that the end of the world was near taking 5 min out of my time to help some one out.

Any way got back fitted new hub/tyre and the gentleman could not thank me enough and offered me some money that I point blank refused.

He insisted that this coming weekend he is having a BBQ and would like me to attend to show he,s appreciation as he doesn't live to far from me and gave me he,s details.

He asked me why I didn't take the money( he,d offered me 100 bucks)

My response was the high I get from helping someone in need cannot be replaced by money and if we all took the time to help others in whatever way we can and stop being so selfish just maybe the world would be a better place.

He left with a huge grin on his face and yelled out the window to make sure I turn up on the weekend.

Who knows I may have made a new friend.

It's times like this that sure beat worrying about redundancy.

Cheers. Fabian.

That's awesome! We should all do what we can to help others, but sometimes we are such caught up in our own world that we forget others exist!

Good on ya! Will do the same the next time I see someone in trouble!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks guys,

What I was trying to point out was that it doesn't take much time or effort to help someone out.

Like the young guy on the train taking up a seat with the elderly frail lady standing beside him,or the single mum struggling with a few kids and pram trying to get up the stairs.

I see the selfishness/rudeness everywhere in our society way to frequently and im sure most of you do too.

With regards to the BBQ,my family will be attending on the weekend and I'll let you all know how it went.

Just remember try to break down somewhere I can see you and I'll come to your aid.lol.

The good Samaritan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

I am sure I read one of your other stories! You are absolutely right. Nothing beats helping someone. It's more rewarding to give than accept.

As for being redundant, I have been there twice. It's hard, and I am sure the right job will come along!

• 2 weeks later...