Today in port stephens!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

I've been blessed enough to get the last 3 days to fish the bay.

First trip, I took a fellow raider out simmo2 and his partner for a great day on the water. Nothing worth mentioning other than a big ray that took to simmos line. It was as least good to his his rod bent. I managed a few smallish bream on live nippers. But was really wanting that Jew to show up.

The next day went for a flick with my mate and christened my new yak and managed a few tailor and a pike a SP's and was pretty excited.

Just to prove it was no fluke I hit the water today, and what a gorgeous day it was!

post-24974-0-17683700-1377500376_thumb.jpg

Using only SP's again I managed to get myself amongst the fish again. First was an ok size flathead.

Now feeling a bit more confident I took my little mate with me. He loved it on the water and was my lucky charm as I then caught a flounder. This is definitely a first for me.

Then I changed to a Berkley gulp nuclear chicken which resulted in a whiting, yet another first.

All fish were released, ready to fight another day!

post-24974-0-35336900-1377500938_thumb.jpg

Rather than take the yak off the car with a wonderful afternoon it was, my wife and I picked the kids up from school and thought we'd give them a go of the yak!

Well, within 15mins they had caught all three species I did but on a mixture of bait and SP's

post-24974-0-69807600-1377501182_thumb.jpg

So, sitting back here now sipping a quiet ale, watching the boys still out there fishing, I'm thinking what a magic place I live in!!

As for fishing with SP's, I'm now convinced they can actually catch fish. So I have to thank nbdshroom for his constant reminder and never wavering persistence that I should try SP fishing.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers scratchie!!!post-24974-0-90688100-1377500527_thumb.jpgpost-24974-0-16599700-1377500685_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-31335800-1377500817_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-43614100-1377501132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scratchie

Mate, Jeff you are killing it on the SPs! I was hoping you would get bitten by the SP bug because it opens up a whole new world of fishing. Always good to have options whether bait or lures when out fishing. You got some good fish too. good to see a couple of 'fatheads' amongst it :biggrinthumb: And just so you know, I've never caught a flounder on SP before so good stuff!

Just wanted to say a massive thankyou to Jeff from me and the girlfriend. An absolute gentleman taking us out on his boat for a beautiful day on the water. People like him and this site should be commended for bringing together such a friendly community of fisher people.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer day or more pleasant company!

Thanks a million matey,

Simmo

post-12400-0-10272000-1377530239_thumb.jpgpost-12400-0-30430800-1377530292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simmo2

Mate, Jeff you are killing it on the SPs! I was hoping you would get bitten by the SP bug because it opens up a whole new world of fishing. Always good to have options whether bait or lures when out fishing. You got some good fish too. good to see a couple of 'fatheads' amongst it :biggrinthumb: And just so you know, I've never caught a flounder on SP before so good stuff!

Thanks Pete! Don't get to excited. I thought it was much easier to throw SP's from a yak than bait up every time. And to be honest I did enjoy it. I must admit, without the feedback from this site especially you, I wouldn't have a clue where to start. But I think I've got the basics now!

Just wanted to say a massive thankyou to Jeff from me and the girlfriend. An absolute gentleman taking us out on his boat for a beautiful day on the water. People like him and this site should be commended for bringing together such a friendly community of fisher people.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer day or more pleasant company!

Thanks a million matey,

Simmo

image.jpg image.jpg

No problem simmo! Was great meeting you and carol too!

It was a nice day on the water, ashame the big boys didn't come out to play but there was no lack of trying! That's fishing!!!

I've taken many a raider out and it's always a pleasure. Great company with the same goal in mind. Till next time, tight lines

Cheers scratchie!!!

That first photo is amazing, would look great blown up large and hung on the wall.

Nice report too, I'm also still a bit of a novice at SP's I like to give them a try and do catch the odd fish but when I see the people I'm with catching more on bait I always switch back

Wonderful stuff Scratchie!!

Nice photos, beautiful weather .... looks like you are in paradise there!!

What a great way to relax with the family and friends.

Good on you for persisting with SP's. As mentioned it gives you some more options out on the water.

Congratulations on the new yak as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Ian