1st yellow fin for the new boat

stickybeak

Went out today started at browns trolling made my way south found 4or5 boats working an area with lots of birds and bait 6-8 miles south .the morning had lots of jelly beans 5-10kg caught on Christmas tree lures we lost a small one at the boat on a xrap it was hit or miss with the fish they would come up then gone again in a minute.i new there was fish here so stayed there for the tide change2.30. Plus agood temp break 18.6. - 20.3 in two miles .

Right on cue 2.30 big fish come up to play a football field of yellowfin launching into the air 1-2m. Chasing souries everywhere amazing straight out of the blue planet doccos we were in the middle of this only boat for a mile lasted 10 minutes no hook up I was getting worried the fish had gone then bang out of no where the corner goes of xrap mackerel colour this was a better fish I had my 6yr old son with me just the two of us so I grabbed the rod he started bringing the other rods in then hopped on the wheel for me the first run was good then went again hard when close to the boat then took my time and when he was tiring I put the rod in a holder grabbed the trace then gaffed him not the best shot in the tail but I wasn't letting go. I pulled him over the side a bit heavier than I thought and struggled got him in hi five my little mate 35-40kg. 145cm long

Never forget that day with Noah's first tuna and his 8yr old brother went to school missed out

So get out there tuna time the old saying don't leave fish to find more fish work the tide change post-6807-13784663365437_thumb.jpgpost-6807-13784664088015_thumb.jpgpost-6807-13784664911256_thumb.jpg

Well done.

Think we heard you on the radio, saying you we're sticking around for the tide change.

Unfortunately we had to be back by 2, so left around 1. But did get a small fish each so were happy. And the spectacle of the Albatross, whales and free jumping tuna yesterday was just awesome.

Congratulations to your son as well, that's great backup for a 6yo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind replys .
Scratchie little Noah's king of the kids with his fishing stories at school.
I have made a video from the day just put it on you tube today -
Sydney yellowfin tuna 2013 Australia
Trying to put it on hear but it's to big it goes for 9min. - 626 mb
Can any one help me please

Thats great

I fish with my sons and have only tried for tuna once a few weeks back but lost our dream fish at the side of the boat

This is the type of memorys that are life long for us and our kids

Can wait to have another crack at it

My son and I talk about it every day

Congratulations

Dave

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2