Fishing in Sydney area 2weeks, how to do?

JaniFIN

Oh, my "travel fever" going high. I whatching on tv: Mcleod sisters, Australian Masterchef, Bondi rescue, Australian border and Australian toughnest gangs......ext...so many austalian programs on finnish tv. WHY? They want teasing me?

gallup

What you mates have catch in last 4 weeks, near Sydney or Forster area? I Made gallup, what have chance cath next year this time. I readin lot of fishing reports, but i dont now everytime, where you fishing when yo write report.

I wait ice on lake, plan is go icefishing pikes when it is possible. Weather is strange,, couple of days was -31´c, and next Morning +3´c and raining, was quite slippery roads. Now is -10´c.

Hi Jani

There will be plenty of bream & flathead still up here for you, I reckon Jani!! I'll make sure I leave some for you! ;)

WOW!! McLeods Daughters - that was a while ago now - but I used to love watching it too. Yep, they are teasing you! :074:

cheerio

Roberta

Thanks mate, souds interesting, but i guess, that i come NOW or DEC. Soon i need 2 years for my trip, 2 weeks is too short to everything what i want to do. :)

Today i watching again Mcleod sisters, and start thinking, is anywhere between Sydney-Forster possible some freshwater fishing that time year now-dec? Maximum 100km inland from coast. Say your opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

New information. I Surfing on net every evening/night. And i spoke before, that i want go fishing Botany Bay. Exactly sharp Place is La Perouse area. Do you Anyone fishing there? I need some shore fishing spot near IceCream bar? :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK. next year november i come :flying: again. :sun: I dont know how i get money...but i have creditcard, oh yeah. Here is so dark now, you go work, is dark, you come back from work, its dark. Now is something to waite. One frend maby want come with me, but i dont know, will see.

I Quote my own message.. Back to firs step :blush: . Have to think if is better after all, come between February-Appril...for couple of reason: Possible fishing marlin on Pt. Stephens, even can be allso bad weather., Or appril possible fishing tuna on Sydney. And my boss promise, when i told her my travel plan, that i can keep couple of extra days off, if i come year 2016. 2-3 extra days for this trip souds sooooo good, after 36 hours flight to Sydney.

• 2 months later...

New News. I have allready minimum money for use my trip, and i have money for ticket. I am very positive dude now. I come with really small budget, but lucky me, Basic fishing there is allmoste free :sun:

New News. I have allready minimum money for use my trip, and i have money for ticket. I am very positive dude now. I come with really small budget, but lucky me, Basic fishing there is allmoste free :sun:

Just don't change the flight to go from Kuopio to Joensuu heh heh

You are a good saver Jani!

• 2 months later...

So, it is not so long time anymore. I am interesting, that do i have change catch any over 500g fish By popper there? I havent ever popper fishing before. Stu, Garry, anyone, some ideas?

Jani, I should be able to take you fishing on Botany Bay when you get here. Or, take you down to Ulladulla, stay at my holiday place for a couple of days and fish both the ocean and a lovely estuary called Narrawallee. Look it up in Google Earth, a very pretty place with very few people around.(often none) Chrystal clear water with Bream, Flathead, Whiting, Blackfish and sometimes Taylor. Not huge but a lot of fun. Can also show you how to fish of the rocks for Drummer at Dolphin Point, plenty there when the seas are kind.

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks for invitation Paikea, but +2weeks i so short time there, that i moving only that area: Between Sydney-Forster.

BTW. I cant come before 18.2.2015 :( . I have last school day then. After that i am allmoste "free" about school things.

I get extra job my self. I go be steward on one "RocknRoll happening", bad salary (like allmoste every job here) but i earn 452au$ cash for my trip :) , but i have to work 61hours extra, all night shift for that. Come quite rought week, becouse i use my 4 day offs to that extra job :( So no fishing in next couple of weeks, i have 141hours work without any day offs 8-18 hours in day.

• 2 months later...

I coming :sun: Did buy ticket just 30min ago :flying:

TO: Sydney

Departure Thursday 19.02.2015 18:30 Helsinki, Vantaa Airport (HEL)

Arrival Saturday 21.2.2015 07:35 Sydney (SYD)

TO: Helsinki

Departure Monday 9.3.2015 15:40 Sydney (SYD)

Arrival Tuesday10.3.2015 05:40 Helsinki, Vantaa Airport (HEL)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

News Flash - Jani is on his way.

He left yesterday 5 hour plane trip to Helsinki several hours wait till boarding a flight to Bangkok. A leisurely 10 hour wait in Bangkok airport till he boards the flight from there to Sydney.

He will arrive here in Sydney at 7.30 am tomorrow

Over 41 hours of travel to get here :flying:

• 4 weeks later...