Still waiting for some opening weekend trout reports ?

Bald one

yeah, im keen to hear some reports, all rumors i have heard says it was a shocker for trout ?

i did not fish i was helping mate finish up the renovation, dump all the builders rubbish and move in new furniture. best mate has twins a week ago - they were 6 weeks premature and his builder nicked off a week early. i could not say no .. hell i wanted to but no fishing for me on the weekend - my mates skipped the trout, went further west and fished for yellas and got a few to 12lb.

reports anyone?

My girlfriend in Canberra (an excellent trout fisho) says that very few fish have been caught in the Snowy (confirming LA's report of few fish sighted, let alone caught!)

I know that I went to a small creek on the weekend & it had absolutely NO flow in it at all, as we haven't really had any rain since June ..... perhaps the mountains are similar, tho they should be getting the Spring Thaw .......

We can only hope it will get better

cheers

Roberta

I didn't go up to the Snowies for the opening weekend this year. I heard rumours a few weeks back that the Rainbows went early this year, would have made opening weekend very tough I suspect.

Windy

Fisheries checked anglers at paddys on opening day. I think it was 30 anglers for one fish, Eucy was 60 + anglers for five fish. The fish run when the conditions are right and unfortunately or fortunately don't stick to the calendar.

Paul

On Strike

• 2 weeks later...
Spent yesterday on the Fish. A usually productive stretch of river was very quite, we did eventually find some fish but not many. Couldn't find them in the runs only deep pools and there was no sign of any rainbows. Not the start to the season I was looking for. Hopefully things will improve over the next few months.

The fish we did catch were healthy browns and it was a nice day on the river, so still worth the trip.

Cheers, Dean

post-6684-0-81097100-1381994025_thumb.jpg

post-6684-0-76095500-1381994035_thumb.jpg

post-6684-0-59738500-1381994043_thumb.jpg

Fished Cox River today.

Fished for 5 hours in numerous pools and runs.

Spooked 3 big fish and didn't see anything else.

Was pretty disappointing, threw everything I had for not even an enquiry.

Many pools looked every low on water with a lot of green algae around, runs were week and slow.

I have just come back from a week down at Old Adaminaby. Did not even see a fish let alone catch one, tried all over the lake, the upper and lower eucumbene and the upper Murrumbidgee. Was spinning, fly fishing and even chucked some bait out - zilch. Better than being at work though.

I was amongst the 80+ guys fishing eucumbene river on opening. To saying the fishing was slow is an understatement. In total we only heard of 2 fish being caught in the river over the 4 days we were there. Had a chat to the local copper and fisheries and they reckon there was some localised flooding in the weeks leading to the opening, that caused the fish to run early. They also mentioned that some electro fishing was done after the floods in the river (and creeks leading into it) with very poor results.