PB snapper

marto1976

After a great run past couple months ive capped it off and finally got ny wish with my goal of a 5+KG red. Headed out off bellambi this morning flicking my trusty Zman XL plastics when the pflueger reel screamed out like an out of contol train. Several minutes later I achieved what I was hoping 82cm red weighing in at 5.830kg gutted and clean. To top it off I met a fellow raider down the ramp Quintrex480. Great to catch up mate.

PS. added the extra photo for the catch of the month. Forgot the take the photo before cleaning it (thanks quintrex480)

post-30372-0-99635200-1382690650_thumb.jpg

post-30372-0-60068600-1382690686_thumb.png

post-30372-0-24564400-1382913249_thumb.jpg

Edited by marto1976

Top Fish mate!! Well deserved!! You've definately been putting in the hours and consistently coming up with some solid reds. Many people don't realise the time you have to put in to achieve an 80+ red and how many times you come close but just fall a couple cm short. You got the 80+cm you wanted before the season ended. So what's next mate 90+? Would love to see it.!

Congrats once again! Solid effort!!

Ps. Top form back at the ramp too.

Edited by DTROJAN

Darren mate! I know I said thanks a hundred times already but here's another one.

Thanks again to you and your mates for helping us out at the ramp. I would have been truly stuffed if you didn't come to the rescue. That swell surge is a bitch!!! :ranting2:

And mate, that red is a cracker!, well done and well deserved! thanks for the frame as well, every bit of it will be eaten :thumbup:

I managed 4 reds today, 2 x 67cm and 2 pannies, and a bust off that felt like an 83cm LOL, I will get him one day!

Also, check your PM!! =)

Edited by quintrex480

Great Fish, I do not think there would be more than a handful of fish caught that size,

What time did you land the fish?

were you dead sticking or working the lure?

How long did it take to land, must of gone for a few really good runs

Really great you could help out foresman, what happend?

Congratulations Dave

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Top Fish mate!! Well deserved!! You've definately been putting in the hours and consistently coming up with some solid reds. Many people don't realise the time you have to put in to achieve an 80+ red and how many times you come close but just fall a couple cm short. You got the 80+cm you wanted before the season ended. So what's next mate 90+? Would love to see it.!

Congrats once again! Solid effort!!

Ps. Top form back at the ramp too.

DTROJAN-my next goal is to get stuck into the kings. Fingers crossed by the end of the month they will move down from Sydney down around here.

Grats, that's a great fish! How deep did you get that one in if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers Noobie. This one was caught in approx 110ft.

Well done on a cracking Red! What depth? And what size jigheads do you find works best. Hats off to you.

110ft using 3/4 oz 7/0 TT jigheads.

Great Fish, I do not think there would be more than a handful of fish caught that size,

What time did you land the fish?

were you dead sticking or working the lure?

How long did it take to land, must of gone for a few really good runs

Really great you could help out foresman, what happend?

Congratulations Dave

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Caught this fish later on in the morning about 10sh just after lowtide. It did put up a good fight and had several really good runs before I got the better of it and got it to the boat. Finally got to see it then It had one last decent run and by the that time the heart was in my mouth thinking I was going to drop it. lol. I was dead sticking. Dont know why this constantly works as Ive seen alot of the better fishos constantly catching big reds doing the same so I just watched, learnt and it works. Cast ahead of the drift, leave the bail arm open and wait for the line to peel off the reel. Most of the time it gets smashed on drop.