Looking for a mentor for lures - Land based - All of Georges River

Fly45830

Hello Raiders,

2 weeks ago I returned from a trip to Kurnell and for the first time I used soft plastics. I didn't catch anything although my friend who was teaching me caught 3 flatties and he said it was a slow day. I was addicted.

On the way back driving down Milperra Road I was rear ended by a P-plater who I suspect was on his mobile phone. Not only did he not have any insurance but it also snapped my beach rod. Not to worry. The car is currently at the smash repairs thank comprehensive insurance for that.

Since this time I have been back to Kurnell to flick again with no luck. Georges river at Liverpool with no luck.

Georges River at Picnic point today both at high tide and low tide with no luck I was using a squidgey black and gold 70mm flick tail. my friend tells me my gear is decent enough just need more practice. I even had bait on other rods while I flicked, just nibbles on them. (I packed my hiking bag and got on my kawasaki ninja 250) All in all it was a great day I got to ride my bike, packed my hiking bag (I volunteer as a scout leader for my local group) and I got to fish. Only thing missing was catching them.

So if you've read this far, I am asking for some help.

I have my own transport, gear (am willing to purchase on advice) and free on most sat sun and mondays. I am based in south west Sydney and am 30 minutes within picnic point 1 hour within Port Botany.

Cheers Frank.