Sydney early this morning

sbf1

After some recent luck in the harbour all looked promising for fishing both tide changes early this morning. We started with lots of frustration as the first 4 runs all spat the hooks. I quickly added another 4 sizes to my hook size and landed 4 school Jews. Only one going oversize 78cm all the rest were 55/63cm.

Plenty of them about at the moment.

post-24531-0-00327100-1383947831_thumb.jpg

post-24531-0-24684200-1383947852_thumb.jpg

Well done mate! Looks like you've found a great little spot for them Jews! The photo has the same background as last time! Nice catch and home by 9am to put in a report. The mrs has got to be happy with that! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yes scratchie wife is happy about early finish but not happy that I am zonked today because of the midnight start. Whilst this spot continues to produce I will continue to fish it though the 1metre Jew I am targeting doesn't want to play ball. Lucky for my facial hair this time otherwise people might of thought it was last weeks photos..

Well done again on the jews.

I used to fish there from the shore a lot many years ago.

It always produced plenty of jew from Sept to Dec. It used

to go quiet after Xmas, but that was when the pros used to smash

the Harbour.

I always found the bottom of the tide during the day the best.

Keep at it mate. It does produce good jew. Biggest I've seen from there

was an 18kg fish on a live tailor about 35cm long. I've caught & seen plenty

around the 8-10kg range as well.

Keep the reports coming!

Cheers,

Grant.

Nice, well done on the consistency. I passed you on the way out this morning, thats a great spot. Let me know if you ever want company, just got the night lights installed. :)

No problem I will be back out next weekend if your interested.

Well done again on the jews.

I used to fish there from the shore a lot many years ago.

It always produced plenty of jew from Sept to Dec. It used

to go quiet after Xmas, but that was when the pros used to smash

the Harbour.

I always found the bottom of the tide during the day the best.

Keep at it mate. It does produce good jew. Biggest I've seen from there

was an 18kg fish on a live tailor about 35cm long. I've caught & seen plenty

around the 8-10kg range as well.

Keep the reports coming!

Cheers,

Hey Grant, my dad use to take us there landbased when I was 5 some 35 years ago. He liked to fish the western point which the trail is now not accessible. The Jews were not as fussy back then and much bigger. It was normal to catch them over 10kg in daylight and struggle to carry them back up to the car.

I remember taking mate there when I first got my drivers licence and caught 7 in 2 hours with the smallest weighing 5kg. My mate didn't get a bite! He never wanted to come again.

September and October have always been the most productive months for Jews anywhere west of the bridge.

George

Edited by sbf1

Yes scratchie wife is happy about early finish but not happy that I am zonked today because of the midnight start. Whilst this spot continues to produce I will continue to fish it though the 1metre Jew I am targeting doesn't want to play ball. Lucky for my facial hair this time otherwise people might of thought it was last weeks photos..

Keep at it mate, it's only a matter of time! I noticed you use squid for bait on most occasions, I think that 1m+ Jew will come using a livie! Most of my big one come from livies. Probably worth the effort for you!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Keep at it mate, it's only a matter of time! I noticed you use squid for bait on most occasions, I think that 1m+ Jew will come using a livie! Most of my big one come from livies. Probably worth the effort for you!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yes I have been lazy plus the livies have been a little hard to find west of the bridge in the dark. I will be trying to find some next time out

It was a lot of luck that you did hook up on to a 78 model or else you would have been empty handed, that also meant that only %20 of jewfish when schoolies do make it over the new rules at least this time , the new draconian law that has come about because we advised fisheries to do so may help the recovery of jewfish stocks but like big snapper its only really going to benefit boat fishos or the taxpaying pros , For land based fishos that need to work and have family commitments etc that come before we are able to consider wetting a line well thats just too bad ... as i said before my last 70cm + jewfish was caught 15 years ago , at this rate with the new rules i will be dining on jew cuttlets 15 years from now if nothing changes , and i just know everyones heart just bleeds for me! enjoy your catch you earned it .

It was a lot of luck that you did hook up on to a 78 model or else you would have been empty handed, that also meant that only %20 of jewfish when schoolies do make it over the new rules at least this time , the new draconian law that has come about because we advised fisheries to do so may help the recovery of jewfish stocks but like big snapper its only really going to benefit boat fishos or the taxpaying pros , For land based fishos that need to work and have family commitments etc that come before we are able to consider wetting a line well thats just too bad ... as i said before my last 70cm + jewfish was caught 15 years ago , at this rate with the new rules i will be dining on jew cuttlets 15 years from now if nothing changes , and i just know everyones heart just bleeds for me! enjoy your catch you earned it .

I hear you. I had a drought for about 15 years landbased then I bought a boat and have been getting a few.