Yak Fishing Pittwater on Sat, 30th Nov - any takers?

arpie

Hi guys

I plan on being in Sydney on Sat 30th Nov & hope to fish Pittwater from about 7am ....... either fishing around the marina (where kingies often hang out) or out along the left hand side of Scotland Island where the barges are (snapper & kingies often hang out there too!)

Squid is a gun bait - but I usually just stick with SPs & HBs! :whistling: (Probably why I don't catch much!) :(

I'll be launching from Bayview Car Park - you can usually park there for some hours without having to pay ... unless it has changed policy recently!

Feel free to join me!! :D I usually fish topwater from the ramp & then change to SPs, blades & divers around the boats - so keep an eye out for a Hobie Sport with an orange Safety Flag ...... and it should be me! :sun:

cheers

Roberta

Hi Jawno

Depending on conditions on the day - not too far - I prefer to fish than paddle!! Anyway, with my Hobie, I can fish AS I pedal! :074:

I'd probably mosey over to the marina first & see if anything exciting is happening there & have a play (a 5-10min paddle) & if nothing is happening there, I'd go up the inside of Scotland Island towards the barges (20+min paddle depending on the tide)....... unless someone gets there before me & finds out where the action is & tells me first! :047: A couple of local buddies may join me too - and they usually hit the water at about 4am!! :icon_razz: (Not me, tho!) I am trying to talk my brother in to joining me a well!!

If it is really choppy I'd just be playing around the moored boats closer to the carpark tho! Or I would go along the shore line where all the houses & jetties are behind the marina - I got a nice squid there once before.

I'll basically decide when I get there!! Feel free to join me! :D

Roberta

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - so long as it isn't BUCKETING with rain or huge winds! There will be a few of us ..... some are starting early (like before 5am) others, closer to 7am. I hope to be there a tad before 7am!! Fingers crossed it isn't too bad. Take your wet weather gear tho!

cheerio

Roberta