Pb snapper port - Stephens

stickybeak

Headed up to port for the weekend

Met up with Scratchie Friday night and told me the snapper are on at broughton island he gave me some spots to try . So early start today bait tank full of livies at cabbage tree

Got to broughton at 7.00 found a good spot anchored up in 14 m . Started the burley trail

Fished two rods the same no weight using fresh slimy heads for bait down the burley trail at 7.30 tide change we had our first bite and my young bloke was on and said dad I need help so I gladly took over and I was surprised how hard these big reds fight being my biggest was 2 kg

After a 10 min fight trying to keep him away from the rocks he finally came to the net and what a beast. Fished till 10.00 for 3 more reds at the normal 40 -45 cm all on fresh heads been watching to much - big angry fish - this week

Shimano bait runners 20lp braid. With 1 m 40lp flourocarbon leader with a 8/0 owner circle hook

Rang Scratchie straight away after landing the big one and said get out here mate but unfortunately he had someone on bored that was green around the gills look and had to go back inside the bay bad luck mate

Cheers again mate

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boy's must be well trained mate the only time I get asked to reel in a fish the kid's have hooked is when they can tell its a sergeant baker. Great fish there buddy. It sure is God's country I'll be up there looking for my first beaky in Feb. Can't wait.

Awesome fish mate! How can you go wrong with the two deckies you've got! Yes I was very envious not been able to get there due to a mates young fella changing colors in rapid fashion. But it was great to see you get amongst it. Make sure you put it in for cotm because that's a cracker!

See ya soon!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Can't wait for the marlin season hardtop660

But until then snapper and the kings will keep us busy

My deckies are my lucky charm if they don't

Come I don't fish

Scratchie. Little Noah's wearying his green hoodie will that do for the comp

Thanks for the comments and can't wait to get home from work to cook him up on the barbie

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Stickybeak

Top fish

Not a massive tuna but a great fish like we are use to seeing from your posts

My kid's prefer snapper fishing as they can fight the fish

Good luck with the marlin, looking forward to seeing the photos as I am sure you will get a few

Regards David

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk